Yuoki Industries - Addon Engines 0.4.20 (0.14.X)

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Addon Engines 0.1.5 (f0.12)

Post by MantisShrimp »

So, I've had some times to mess with the new WIP stream engine and such. They're really neat. I like how compacted and non-resource intensive they are. I'm not sure if that's intended, but it doesn't take much to get running. You need an initial power of roughly 10MW to get the overheaters and water pump to run, then you can remove the pump and the thing will power itself as it makes 43-53MW. I don't know why it jump back and forth between those numbers, but that's what they do in my game. I imagine if I hope it up to a buffer tank before going into the 50MW generator, it'd solve that problem and be overall smoother. This small thing that I made makes 1 infused mudball every 8 seconds. I don't know how long they last in the 3x3 boiler, but it seems like a REALLY LONG time and it can power the 2 infusers with max efficiency. So it's really self sufficient. There are things to consider though.

1) It's a bad idea to attach ANY turbine to this system. The water that's in this system is closed, meaning that it consumes and produce exactly the same amount of water. Overheaters requires 10 water each and the steam turbine produces 20 water. That means if you attach another turbine to the overheaters, it will use up all the water and your system shuts down.

2)You cannot attach any sort of water pump to the system, aside from one to start it. Again, since it's a closed system, the steam turbine will produce 20 water every time it 'crafts' hydraulic fluid. Therefore, if the pipe network that the turbine is connected to are full of water, the steam turbine cannot get rid of its water and thus cannot craft further power.

I highly doubt you NEED 2 of the 3x3 boilers, but I wanted it to be symmetrical. I don't know that kind of recipe you're thinking for these machine, but they need to be significantly expensive as they offer quite a lot.
steam powah

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

the power-spikes come from the overheaters then they kick in (5MW each). of course its designed for big generator but the max. output is higher (turbine-steam->mf), so that the 50 MW is not enough to make it run constant. the overheater always make a short break in your design.
i suggest test-runs with 1 overheater or/and adding some lower-generators to the 2 overheater setup. maybe a second mirror-setup to the north also will help reduce the spikes.

also you can take out the steam directly to turbines (makes overheater run permanent) and feed new water. maybe you want also try a steam-buffer-tank.
(i used your setup and added 1x rensuir and 1x 5.6 now output is at 71 MW ^^)

its a experiment and will changed, but the building itself and in this size (or bigger and better graphics) will remain.
and of course the recipes will be not cheap but possible.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

I was wandering about heating water for Overheaters. Is there relation between water temperature and Overheater efficiency?

Edit: I have ofter a problem with kickstarting generator. Turbine produce "Steam to MF" and it consumed when I place generator, but generator itself doesn't work. Sometimes i have replace generator few times, try to rotate and sometimes it start working without problem.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Neotix wrote:I was wandering about heating water for Overheaters. Is there relation between water temperature and Overheater efficiency?
Edit: I have ofter a problem with kickstarting generator. Turbine produce "Steam to MF" and it consumed when I place generator, but generator itself doesn't work. Sometimes i have replace generator few times, try to rotate and sometimes it start working without problem.
the relation is, the input water must be always over 92°C ... otherwise it will bypass and go away.
you can also take some steam but make sure it's over 205°C at turbine input otherwise no effect.

the generator should placed without any power-load and a fully spinning turbine ~20 MF in output, after the generator has also ~20 MF you can connect to power-network. also you need to flush out the condensate. if it can't go away the turbine will not rotate.
If you overload the turbine-output (more then 1 generator or too many smaller generators) let's say with 80 MW load then it breaks. you need reduce load, disconnect power and wait again until (its spins again) ... ~20 MF turbine/generator.

next graphics show this better visual on both sides.
the generator, overheater and turbine has a gearbox-icon in power-gui this is really bad.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

This is my test setup.
I places small generator for tests and i noticed that it not working even with steam. I know that before it worked.
https://i.gyazo.com/14505ef0c9b72a23bf0 ... 5cc348.jpg

Turbine is working fine, produce MF and condensate is removed almost instantly.
https://i.gyazo.com/17f34b08149826eac97 ... 863090.jpg

But Generator don't want to work. MF produced by turbine is consumed somewhere but generator is not working. I places without load, with load, with turbine stoped and while spining. No idea why sometimes it works and most often don't.
https://i.gyazo.com/22c02824cb24ca4d27e ... a80a43.jpg

EDIT1: I think I know where is the problem. I checked water temp on input and it had 83-85*C. Steam 275 was produced normally but entire setup didn't work. Now when temp. have 95-98*C all start working.

EDIT2: I'm wondering if Overheater can be speed up by Beacon with speed modules? I'm asking because I did some basic math and 4 Overheaters with 1,25 crafting speed can produce enough steam for 3 Turbines https://i.gyazo.com/d35a6afdeb02aee0a21 ... 340c23.png

P.S. I'm waiting for rotatable versions :D

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Neotix wrote: EDIT2: I'm wondering if Overheater can be speed up by Beacon with speed modules? I'm asking because I did some basic math and 4 Overheaters with 1,25 crafting speed can produce enough steam for 3 Turbines https://i.gyazo.com/d35a6afdeb02aee0a21 ... 340c23.png
P.S. I'm waiting for rotatable versions :D
yes, in first-picture steam needs higher then 110°C to get some power. the icon says 275 -> i need to change this. if steam below 205°C also the mf has no power and comes out of 15 at the turbine, but can go up to 400 with 205+°C steam. in fatmice-videos, he used beacons to bring the consumption down, so i'am sure speed will work.
gfx will still take some time ... also the overheater is just a wip-test to get a feel for proportions and connections.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

Haha it's working with Beacon :D Amazing 160MW from such small PowerPlant. It have to be expensive because is so OP.
First design
I have to improve design for better steam delivery. Right now OverHeaters on top are oscillating.

EDIT:
Some improvements and now i get over 184MW output
184MW
I don't know if it's intended but Yuoki did something very similar to real power plant. We can't overload generator because we get balckout, just like in reality. It's bringing more depth in power management.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Neotix wrote:Haha it's working with Beacon :D Amazing 160MW from such small PowerPlant. It have to be expensive because is so OP.
I have to improve design for better steam delivery. Right now OverHeaters on top are oscillating.
I don't know if it's intended but Yuoki did something very similar to real power plant. We can't overload generator because we get balckout, just like in reality. It's bringing more depth in power management.
- yep totally - but in this style it fits with other mods ... and compare to vanilla-solar-panels ^^
- and as long you had a good time testing & enjoying it i don't care too much about OP for now. especially if some trys nessesary to get it working ;)
- not really planed but a nice side-effect and nearly good balance a first try :) - also the MF works in this way as intended.
- and thanks fatmice - his code behind - make this possible
(^^ most compare recipe would be if its crafted from 300-360 steam-engines)

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Neotix wrote:Haha it's working with Beacon :D Amazing 160MW from such small PowerPlant. It have to be expensive because is so OP.
Congratulations, you've bested my personal build that used only two generators. I didn't go three generators route since I also was making fuel in the same chunk as well as removing pollution with my Fatmice cycle engine. I think I will rework my build to fit in three generators to a chunk and be self sufficient.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

@Fatmice

Are you working on a ranch farm? I'm interested in seeing what people are doing with corn/vugar/insect meat thing.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Yes, I was supposed to record a showcase of the darn thing today, but a thunderstorm gave me a power glitch that corrupted my test world. The backup that I had of this world is without my meat farm build and I unfortunately did not make a blueprint string of the build yet...so it is back to square one. Hopefully, I will have time to work on it today so I can do a recording tomorrow.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Addon Engines 0.1.6 (f0.12)

Post by YuokiTani »

because the reorganisation of Yuoki-Industries you need also update Addon Engines if you use it in your current gameplay

YI-Engines 0.1.6 - 2015-Aug-25
- recipe-reorganisation moves fluids and handling to main-mod liquids-tab
- a new tab "agronomie" collects all farming and animal stuff
- some minor tweaks

dogamusprime
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Addon Engines 0.1.7 (f0.12)

Post by dogamusprime »

http://pastebin.com/B6pS3Kmu

New update seems to conflict with boblib. Not sure though.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

That seems to be a bob's mod issue. Error log clearly showed the error stem from

Code: Select all

Error Util.cpp:47: __boblibrary__/recipe-functions.lua:4: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
Specifically from "for i, ingredient in pairs(data.raw.recipe[recipe].ingredients) do" of

Code: Select all

function bobmods.lib.replace_recipe_item (recipe, old, new)
  local doit = false
  local amount = 0
  for i, ingredient in pairs(data.raw.recipe[recipe].ingredients) do
    if ingredient[1] == old then
      doit = true
      amount = ingredient[2] + amount
    end
    if ingredient.name == old then
      doit = true
      amount = ingredient.amount + amount
    end
  end
  if doit then
    bobmods.lib.remove_recipe_item (recipe, old)
    bobmods.lib.add_recipe_item (recipe, {new, amount})
  end
end
Run without bob's to see if any recipes definitions from Yuoki's are erroneous. If nothing appears, then it is likely something to do with Bob's own recipes.

Palius84
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Palius84 »

I was having the same issue having to do with Bob's mods, and I had to downgrade to engines 0.1.6 and just manually changes all the game. to script. and do not have the issue anymore. I am not sure what else changed in the 0.1.7 engines, but I know I cannot continue to use it while using bobs mods.

I also was wondering what was changed in the 0.1.7 version. I cannot seem to find the changelog for it.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

There are some changes to recipes and addition to recipes. Code wise, nothing changed. So it must be the recipes that Bob's data scripts are complaining about. In order to know which, and what went wrong, Bob would need to add some sort of logging or catching of the event to track down the issue.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

After consulting with Korvarex (is that how you spell it? I can never be sure X3), When the error apears in boblibrary, it is because "A Recipe" (non specific) isn't properly defined. Since my script indexs all recipes, then returns recipe.name, then uses that name in another function with data.raw.recipe[name], the result is invalid. (Because it wasn't properly defined)

Further diagnoses would be required to pinpoint it exactly, but all we have figured out so far is that the problem only occurs when you add Yuoki Engines. Likely introduced in 1.7 because that's the one people started complaining about the compatabillity issue.

So... Yeah, there's a bugged recipe in this mod somewhere.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Can you log the bugged recipe? Or is that not possible? Otherwise, to really track down this recipe, a binary search would have to be done.

To elaborate, you take the recipe list, print to file the recipe being indexed before it is passed down the line. The bugged recipe would be printed to the file before it caused an exception.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Fatmice wrote:Can you log the bugged recipe? Or is that not possible? Otherwise, to really track down this recipe, a binary search would have to be done.

To elaborate, you take the recipe list, print to file the recipe being indexed before it is passed down the line. The bugged recipe would be printed to the file before it caused an exception.
If there is currently a way to log it, I don't know what it is. Korvy said he was going to add a new function stack trace to the error reporting though.

In the mean time I'm going to try and make changes to my library mod to be "Safer" so it will just ignore this bugged recipe, and not produce the error.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Yuoki Industries”