Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

wad67
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Informations, Suggestions, Questions

Post by wad67 »

My game keeps crashing to desktop, could it be related to this mod?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

in normal case not, remove the mod and try if factorio is playable complete without mods.
i think you maybe need a fresh new factorio installation. you can also make a direct copy of the factorio-directory, remove the mod and try this.
make sure you have factorio version 0.11.17+ for yi-mod.

kreyser_waryag
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kreyser_waryag »

I want to brag about. Online views of your add-on has exceeded 10k :P
http://factorio.pp.ua/forums/mody-dopol ... fikacii.7/
This is the third place after DyTech and Bob's mods

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

kreyser_waryag wrote:I want to brag about. Online views of your add-on has exceeded 10k :P
http://factorio.pp.ua/forums/mody-dopol ... fikacii.7/
This is the third place after DyTech and Bob's mods
Very nice - Thank You for Link and information,
but i can't read russian :( ... and of course i think it's more a misunderstanding that has pushed the interests. At the moment i'am not really sure what i should do next with the PFW-Addon. with factorio 0.12 comes no crash-solution (this i believe) so i need to make the whole animation again and test this.
plan b and c is more a spacemarine-armor so it can hover/fly over ground or a tracked-based-armor ... in this case i don't need to much animation-stuff and i can test if factorio still crashes. (more importend - wasting less time)

adding tanks, cars no problem, but this provides other mods too (okay power-armor too) so it's not really needed as useable vehicle. same for weapon and defences (the actual missing/todo component) - but to reduce the irritations i will add/change more useable stuff such as better accumulators, defences, assemblys and maybe some vehicles but nothing to overpowered. and the prerequisite is the game will still allow this.

best solutions is maybe to break it and change it to something like production of toys, jewelry or cloths ... the idea was to use factorio as game-engine to make a trade/puzzle-game in late game to make it interesting playing longer and after rocket defense or a alternative way (and of course with a little fun). and because i can't see in the future and what the factorio-developers plan - it's hard to decide which way.

for me the only fixed position is to not use code - because version-updates breaks the code. and i don't want spend time on editing code only because the developers have renamed stuff. (i understand if sometimes nessesary - but rules and thinking before can be easier - and yes i know there is an search & replace option on most text-editors)

okay many negative impressions from me, now some positivs ... if factorio goes steam - i think more players will play factorio and in this relation more talented modders (or mod-groups) will apear and flood this forum with good and high quality mods. and so it's a natural way this mod is in 1 or 2 years forgotten - okay this was not very positive ;) - damn

But hey, you can play better mods then !

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

I'd like to play the mod more myself, but I found I was getting very frustrated because nothing appears to be sorted in a progressive order of power or tech level in the recipe list. It makes it very difficult to figure out how to play the mod, especially without research to provide cues.

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

Is there any sort of guide for this mod? All the vids I've found are not english and there are ton of things in this mod that I have no idea how to set up. It looks very cool. Like the other poster said, it's not sorted by progression so it's very confusing to try and wing it. It would be great if anyone who knows the mod, or creator, to create some sort of tutorial for this.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Or you could go into creative mode and try and figure things out? Isn't figuring things out half the fun of Factorio? Why must there be tutorials for everything?

It seems that it is not clear to you all that there isn't a "progression" to Yuoki Industries. There are dependencies to certain recipes, but the rest is just bits and bobs that fill in certain needs that's not supplied by vanilla Factorio. The mod has its own economy. Figure it out and use it to your advantage.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Fatmice wrote:Isn't figuring things out half the fun of Factorio?
It seems that it is not clear to you all that there isn't a "progression" to Yuoki Industries. There are dependencies to certain recipes, but the rest is just bits and bobs that fill in certain needs that's not supplied by vanilla Factorio. The mod has its own economy. Figure it out and use it to your advantage.
True Words, and i can't describe the mod better - i want to use these as Mod-description from now to prevent future misunderstanding. - Thank You !

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

If you wish. :D

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

There's definitely a clear 'progression' in this mod. For the most part the recipes are laid out in an intuitive fashion, with the exception of the power tab, I think. What I would appreciate are better in-game descriptions of the items. I think you misunderstood what I meant when I said I wanted a tutorial, I don't want to be told how the new items and such work together, I want to be told what the items are when I read its description. For me, one of the most frustrating part of the mod from early on was mechanical power. I thought mechanical power was electricity so I treated it as such. I didn't know it was simply some sort of liquid fuel that, like all other liquids, can be stored and when ran though a mechanical generator would then produce electricity. The gear box, therefore, can only be used with mechanical generators and not all generator, since the description was super vague.

I understand that quite a lot of the in-game descriptions are for fun. However, this mod has some of the most polished graphics of any I've seen for Factorio. You've done an excellence job. The alternate power system is very varied and complex. So it would go a long way if the descriptions for those important and complicated machinery are informative. That would make it much more user friendly. I don't think that would take away from the discovery aspect of the mod/game.

Spoiler
[Edit by Koub : fixed the spoiler= usage :)]

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

MantisShrimp wrote:There's definitely a clear 'progression' in this mod. For the most part the recipes are laid out in an intuitive fashion, with the exception of the power tab, I think. What I would appreciate are better in-game descriptions of the items. I think you misunderstood what I meant when I said I wanted a tutorial, I don't want to be told how the new items and such work together, I want to be told what the items are when I read its description. For me, one of the most frustrating part of the mod from early on was mechanical power. I thought mechanical power was electricity so I treated it as such. I didn't know it was simply some sort of liquid fuel that, like all other liquids, can be stored and when ran though a mechanical generator would then produce electricity. The gear box, therefore, can only be used with mechanical generators and not all generator, since the description was super vague.

I understand that quite a lot of the in-game descriptions are for fun. However, this mod has some of the most polished graphics of any I've seen for Factorio. You've done an excellence job. The alternate power system is very varied and complex. So it would go a long way if the descriptions for those important and complicated machinery are informative. That would make it much more user friendly. I don't think that would take away from the discovery aspect of the mod/game.
yes mechanical power (mechanical force or hydraulic fluid) is because game-limitations only a fluid. so i had very unlucky choose this name instead of hydraulic-power or hydraulic-oil. the gearbox inject the power so a generator or steam-engine can use, but generator have a huge consumption on normal heated water so i stored more power in this hydraulic fluid (drawback is high flow/pressure looses). the hydraulic-fluid (mechanical force) i want to use in more heavy factories (form-press, weapon-factory etc.) and give you a choice to produce things with electric-power or hydraulic-fluid (small amount of electric still needed). but for this i need give you some reasons to use this more complicated way.
and i had not calc the right amout or stored power in this fluid so it's not really balanced. (i'am not proud of this)
description is limited to 1 line. if i had more room i would pack all informations, examples, storys in some lines but some things can't explain in 1 line so i made only a diffus statement.

after i have finished my mod-editor i can automate the build-process for these mod-files. working with mod-editor is a good way to revisit and rethink all things in this mods, and this will bring some changes. and of course for factorio 0.12 i need to change/test my addons.

why no videos ? - i don't know maybe it's the mod-name or people dislike the tabs or graphics or simplicity or ... etc. i understand this not as a mod more a addon ... i added mostly things factorio should have or i want to have (and miss) and demonstrate only how easy it could be adding more content to vanilla-factorio without breaking balance to much. As this intention it's not a "must have" mod or changes the game-feeling.
with the addons yi-engines and yi-pfw i test how far i can go with this game-engine. so more strange stuff is in this, and not nessesary playable content (compare to vanilla-gameplay).

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

Guys, I fear you've missed the point I was trying to make entirely. Those dependencies you were talking about are not ordered in any way that makes sense to me, and yes, I found the power tab especially aggravating.

There is no need to go 'git gud' at me or MantisShrimp either. This mod introduces a lot of new things to an already complex game, in the absence of research trees to guide you through the connections, acting like having no documentation is a feature doesn't win you any points for good design.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Have you ever played Lego? I'm not talking about the more fancy ones, but the much more basic ones. You ever saw them come with a how to use manual?

The dependencies are not ordered because he was free-styling. There can be no manual when you free-styling. I think you missed that "feature." Granted, I agree, and am sure he does as well, that some better descriptions would work in favor of guiding those that need a bit more hand holding. I do not think that he will ever make a manual for his mod.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Fatmice wrote:The dependencies are not ordered because he was free-styling. There can be no manual when you free-styling. I think you missed that "feature." Granted, I agree, and am sure he does as well, that some better descriptions would work in favor of guiding those that need a bit more hand holding. I do not think that he will ever make a manual for his mod.
My Mod-Design ... playing factorio -> f***k, i miss this -> exit factorio, make gfx -> add to mod -> play - now with a smile until i miss the next thing -> back to start.
(sometimes i think before i add items)

this mod was not in vain as long in WIP-Section of this forum - i found no way to make good description because things changed constantly (or you can simply call me lazy). And i think a outdated description is useless.

Another problem is factorio don't support a good and useful ingame-description (as multiline-description).
But there is some hope ^^ this post give me the idea to integrate 1 more option into my ModEditor, so i can add description if i change or create items and generate automaticly a handbook with all informations and relations (include icons, multiline-description etc.). yeah, this sounds like a plan ...

mods updated for factorio 0.12
- YI-Engines MF generation after gearbox is broken ... i don't know what's internal changed in factorio ... for me is the release-notes-list useless (again)
let's hope fatmice can find a code solution for this problem (i think it affects Atomic-Power-Mod too)

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

Speaking of 0.12, super fast update btw, are the module slots on all the machine supposed to disappear? Crushers, pressers, miners and such. They don't have previous module slots. I only noticed because all of the sudden my factory exploded in a cloud of pollution.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

MantisShrimp wrote:Speaking of 0.12, super fast update btw, are the module slots on all the machine supposed to disappear? Crushers, pressers, miners and such. They don't have previous module slots. I only noticed because all of the sudden my factory exploded in a cloud of pollution.
no i will check this, but crushers had no before. i had revisited this in preparation for 0.12 and had made some changes - as example Alien Infuser uses now 100 MW and in this now Modules should work.
This 0.2.30 version is to contine your savegames and gameplay with factorio 0.12 without a gap ;) - and not polished.

i still need fixing some graphics (fluid-tanks) ...
next version includes the new turrets ... just yet finished ...

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

YuokiTani wrote:
mods updated for factorio 0.12
- YI-Engines MF generation after gearbox is broken ... i don't know what's internal changed in factorio ... for me is the release-notes-list useless (again)
let's hope fatmice can find a code solution for this problem (i think it affects Atomic-Power-Mod too)
PM me your dev version and I'll see what I can do.

I am slating to release 0.6.0 very soon. The 0.12 update of my mod will likely occur this weekend when I have more time to digest the patch notes.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

current state 215-Jul-18 - 11:30 CET

Version 0.2.31 - Notes

Always Backup your Savegame before Update !

solved problems
- solar-dish-stirling - produce no energy
- fluid-tanks - content-fluid-bar in correct place or off
- all Entity-Descriptions off - because game cut's them no more -> long descriptions breaks the UI
- new turrets included
- to not break save-games - old turrets change on remove
- old turrets can't no longer produced
- ZTT-weapon - graphic changes

i don't know the reason for now - (no fix)
- accumulators don't work in god-mode

GyroByte
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by GyroByte »

I just updated the game and the mod.I tried to load the latest save, and then everything broke...help :cry:
The game crashed at the end of loading.Here is the log.
PS:This happens even with only your mod installed.
0.002 2015-07-18 23:01:07; Factorio 0.12.0 (Build 103, win64)
0.002 Operating system: Windows 7 Service Pack 1
0.002 Read data path: D:/Program Files/Factorio/data
0.002 Write data path: C:/Users/Robert/AppData/Roaming/Factorio
0.002 Binaries path: D:/Program Files/Factorio/bin
0.097 Initialised Direct3D: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series; driver: aticfx64.dll 8.17.10.1129
0.124 Graphics options: [FullScreen: false] [VSync: true] [UIScale: 100%] [MultiSampling: OFF] [Graphics quality: normal] [Video memory usage: all]
0.244 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
0.248 Loading mod base 0.12.0 (data.lua)
0.345 Loading mod 5dim_core 0.0.3 (data.lua)
0.396 Loading mod Electric Furnaces 1.0.0 (data.lua)
0.455 Loading mod Treefarm-Lite 0.2.0 (data.lua)
0.517 Loading mod Yuoki 0.2.31 (data.lua)
1.385 Loading mod 5dim_automatization 0.0.7 (data.lua)
1.606 Loading mod 5dim_logistic 0.0.3 (data.lua)
1.695 Loading mod 5dim_mining 0.0.7 (data.lua)
1.796 Loading mod Treefarm-AC 0.2.0 (data.lua)
3.032 Initial atlas bitmap size is 8192
3.043 Created atlas bitmap 8192x8185
3.055 Created atlas bitmap 8192x8191
3.055 Created atlas bitmap 8192x3440
20.277 Factorio initialised
41.615 Loading map C:/Users\Robert\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\saves\51.zip
41.650 Info Scenario.cpp:160: Map version 0.11.21-1
41.658 Info PrototypeMigrationList.cpp:94: Activating migration base/2015-06-01_Factorio_0.12.0.json
41.658 Info PrototypeMigrationList.cpp:94: Activating migration Yuoki/Yuoki_0.2.28.json
41.658 Warning PrototypeMigrationList.cpp:149: "bodenlampe" mentioned as FROM in prototype migration was not found in the map prototype dictionary, ignoring ...
41.658 Warning PrototypeMigrationList.cpp:149: "wooden-pellet" mentioned as FROM in prototype migration was not found in the map prototype dictionary, ignoring ...
41.658 Warning PrototypeMigrationList.cpp:173: "y-wooden-pellet-packed" mentioned as TO in prototype migration was not found in the map prototype dictionary, ignoring ...
41.658 Warning PrototypeMigrationList.cpp:149: "wood-gas" mentioned as FROM in prototype migration was not found in the map prototype dictionary, ignoring ...
41.658 Warning PrototypeMigrationList.cpp:173: "y-steam-turbine-mk2" mentioned as TO in prototype migration was not found in the map prototype dictionary, ignoring ...
41.658 Info PrototypeMigrationList.cpp:94: Activating migration Yuoki/Yuoki_0.2.30.json
Factorio crashed. Generating symbolized stacktrace, please wait ...
c:\temp\factorio-5829127a\libraries\stackwalker\stackwalker.cpp (923): StackWalker::ShowCallstack
c:\temp\factorio-5829127a\src\util\logger.cpp (283): Logger::writeStacktrace
c:\temp\factorio-5829127a\src\util\logger.cpp (337): Logger::logStacktrace
c:\temp\factorio-5829127a\src\util\crashhandler.cpp (79): CrashHandler::writeStackTrace
c:\temp\factorio-5829127a\src\util\crashhandler.cpp (88): CrashHandler::SehHandler
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 000000007796B940)
000000007796B940 (kernel32): (filename not available): UnhandledExceptionFilter
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 0000000077A83398)
0000000077A83398 (ntdll): (filename not available): MD5Final
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 0000000077A085C8)
0000000077A085C8 (ntdll): (filename not available): _C_specific_handler
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 0000000077A19D2D)
0000000077A19D2D (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlDecodePointer
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 0000000077A091CF)
0000000077A091CF (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlUnwindEx
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 0000000077A41248)
0000000077A41248 (ntdll): (filename not available): KiUserExceptionDispatcher
c:\temp\factorio-5829127a\src\logistics\triangulation.cpp (74): Triangulation::voronoiTriangulation
c:\temp\factorio-5829127a\src\logistics\triangulation.cpp (57): Triangulation::updateTriangulation
c:\temp\factorio-5829127a\src\logistics\logistictopologyupdatehelper.cpp (73): LogisticTopologyUpdateHelper::deleteCell
c:\temp\factorio-5829127a\src\logistics\logisticmanager.cpp (167): LogisticManager::removeLogisticCell
c:\temp\factorio-5829127a\src\entity\roboport.cpp (220): Roboport::deactivate
c:\temp\factorio-5829127a\src\entity\roboport.cpp (226): Roboport::onDestroy
c:\temp\factorio-5829127a\src\entity\entity.cpp (188): Entity::forceDestroy
c:\temp\factorio-5829127a\src\map\map.cpp (549): Map::removeDummyEntities
c:\temp\factorio-5829127a\src\map\map.cpp (615): Map::setupEntities
c:\temp\factorio-5829127a\src\scenario\scenario.cpp (221): Scenario::loadFactory
c:\temp\factorio-5829127a\src\scenario\parallelscenarioloader.cpp (66): ParallelScenarioLoader::doLoad
c:\boost_1_58_0\boost\thread\detail\thread.hpp (117): boost::detail::thread_data<boost::_bi::bind_t<void,void (__cdecl*)(ParallelScenarioLoader * __ptr64,MapDeserialiser * __ptr64,enum InputType,InputHandler * __ptr64,MultiplayerManager * __ptr64,bool),boost::_bi::list6<boost::_bi::value<ParallelScenarioLoader * __ptr64>,boost::_bi::value<MapDeserialiser * __ptr64>,boost::_bi::value<enum InputType>,boost::_bi::value<InputHandler * __ptr64>,boost::_bi::value<MultiplayerManager * __ptr64>,boost::_bi::value<bool> > > >::run
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 000000013FEBB163)
000000013FEBB163 (Factorio): (filename not available): boost::`anonymous namespace'::thread_start_function
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\startup\threadex.c (376): _callthreadstartex
f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\startup\threadex.c (354): _threadstartex
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 00000000778E59ED)
00000000778E59ED (kernel32): (filename not available): BaseThreadInitThunk
ERROR: SymGetLineFromAddr64, GetLastError: 487 (Address: 0000000077A1C541)
0000000077A1C541 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlUserThreadStart
44.221 Error Util.cpp:45: Unexpected error occurred. You can help us to solve the problem by posting the contents of the log file on the Factorio forums.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

i have changed the mod try this version Yuoki Industries 0.2.31 (19Jul2015-10:40)

if it not works
go into Yuoki.zip and delete all files in /migrations
you will lost some items.

alternative you load this savegame with factorio 0.11.22 with Yuoki_0.2.29 version.
Then migration should applyed correct.
remove all yuoki-smart-chest and clean their inventory (0.2.30 exchanges this chests with standard-smart-chests. <- crash ?)

Return to “Yuoki Industries”