[kovarex] [0.18.47] Can't set Absolute Reference Point with large grid and small BP

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Tealc.
Inserter
Inserter

[kovarex] [0.18.47] Can't set Absolute Reference Point with large grid and small BP

Post by Tealc. »

I have found a use case where it is extremely hard to set the Absolute Reference Point while editing a blueprint.

If I have a small BP of say 20 tiles squared but I need to set the grid size to 80 tiles squared (in order to line up with another grid aligned BP) the larger grid size far exceeds what can be seen inside of the BP edit space.

Once I have have the green bounding box of the larger grid size I am unable to align the top right of the box with the top right most entity in the BP as the centre of the bounding box is way outside of the clickable area in the BP window.

I have actually found that holding shift and click-dragging the mouse to move the bounding box around to be a far superior way to set the position of the bounding box rather than shift clicking to set the absolute reference point.

However if I was able to continue dragging the bounding box outside of the BP edit area I wouldn't need to worry about not being able to click and set the reference point that is in a space off the screen. Alas, when dragging the bounding box as far as it can go then attempting to drag it again (once mouse click has been released) it just sets the reference point again with no way to continue dragging the box further.

Having an option to drag the bounding box with ctrl so it doesn't interfere with shift (setting the centre point) would be good.

Alternatively, as it can be so hard to click the exact centre of a reference point in a large blueprint, you will end up dragging the bounding box anyway, rather than clicking. A change in behaviour from shift click the centre to click drag the bounding box would help both problems.

I have included a brief video to try an illustrate further all of the above better.
example.mp4
(2.81 MiB) Downloaded 93 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.47] Can't set Absolute Reference Point with large grid and small BP

Post by kovarex »

Hello, I fixed this in a 2 ways for the next release:
  • The drawing box gets updated whenever the grid size or position is changed
  • The grid position is also editable by textfields
I hope it helps.

Tealc.
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.18.47] Can't set Absolute Reference Point with large grid and small BP

Post by Tealc. »

Thats great, many thanks! I look forward to trying it out.

The grid position is also editable by textfields
If that applies to the Reference Point that will be great as it has been an issue for many players.

If not, this report needs to be looked at.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”