[0.18.22] Hotkeys don't respect shortcut unlock requirements

Bugs that are actually features.
daydev
Inserter
Inserter

[0.18.22] Hotkeys don't respect shortcut unlock requirements

Post by daydev »

As it says in the title, it seems the associated hotkeys don't care if their shortcut is currently locked and work anyway.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Get a clean profile.
2. Create a new world.
3. All shortcuts except the Alt-mode toggle should be locked.
4. Associated hotkeys still work, for example, Alt+B still summons a clean blueprint, etc.

I apologize if this is known and not considered a bug. I didn't find anything about it with forum search. I understand that the shortcut unlocks are more of a formality, not meant to really "lock" anything, just there to not overwhelm a new player, as I understand it. I received a report about this in my mod, so I'm passing it along since it seems to be inherent to shortcuts in general, including the base game shortcuts. On the surface it does appear to be invalid, if inconsequential behavior.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.18.22] Hotkeys don't respect shortcut unlock requirements

Post by boskid »

Key sequences are defined as custom-input and they do not require any shortcut to be also defined for them. Same is in the opposite direction: shortcuts do not need any custom-input defined for them (like import string has no associated control input). Disabling shortcuts is purely cosmetic to not confuse new players with stuff not important at early stage. They can be easily unlocked by console command `/unlock-shortcut-bar` - it keeps achievements since it is not considered cheating in any way. I am not considering this to be a bug.

Return to “Not a bug”