[0.18.21] Unpowered entities will show the wrong total satisfaction requirement in electric network info

Bugs that are actually features.
DrStein
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.18.21] Unpowered entities will show the wrong total satisfaction requirement in electric network info

Post by DrStein »

Write down the steps to reproduce the bug if you know them.

1) Add an electric power drill/radar/etc. that was not connected to an existing electric network.
2) Add a single small electric pole next to the entities that was just added.
3) Open the electric network info by clicking on the pole that was just added.

What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!

Satisfaction total power requirement is 1.0666666...% higher than expected. Some examples:

Expected :

Electric mining drill : 90.0 kW
Radar : 300 kW

Actual :

Electric mining drill : 96.0 kW (90.0*1.066666...=96)
Radar : 320 kW (300*1.06666...=320)

Does it happen always, once, or sometimes?

Always.

Additional information:

I added screenshot of the electric network info view.
No mods used.
Created a new map just for this bug report. I can add the save if you need it.
Probably related to : [0.18.14] Single steam engine shows 960kW available power since the steam engine shows the same 1.06666...% increase in power, but in production.
Attachments
Radar.png
Radar.png (1.58 MiB) Viewed 871 times
ElectricMiningDrill.png
ElectricMiningDrill.png (1.74 MiB) Viewed 871 times

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.18.21] Unpowered entities will show the wrong total satisfaction requirement in electric network info

Post by ickputzdirwech »

It looks like a radar actually does consume 320 kW instead of the maximum 300 kW for a split second when it is powered for the first time. (Tested with editor extensions)
320 kW.jpg
320 kW.jpg (148.32 KiB) Viewed 854 times
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.18.21] Unpowered entities will show the wrong total satisfaction requirement in electric network info

Post by ickputzdirwech »

Loewchen wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:35 pm
Electric entities have energy storage that charges.
I wondered if something like that would be the issue. The maximum 300 kW consumption of the radar is still wrong however. I would expect that it would either display 320 kW in the tooltip or charge and consume after each other and not in parallel like it does now. But since this is really a minor issue, hardly noticeable in normal gameplay and changing it would probably not only be difficult but also create new problems I agree that it's probably not worth fixing.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Return to “Not a bug”