[0.17.79] Mystery active transport line; is it a bug? (Performance-related maybe)

Bugs that are actually features.
JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.17.79] Mystery active transport line; is it a bug? (Performance-related maybe)

Post by JasonC »

I was walking around with show-transport-lines enabled and stumbled across this:

isitabug.png
isitabug.png (4.02 MiB) Viewed 1018 times

There's a blue line there but that section has no items on it and everything there is disabled / unpowered and not moving (and has been for a while).

From what I see elsewhere the lines only turn blue when items are moving on that section; I'm assuming blue means computations are being done on that section. This is the only blue one I saw with nothing happening on it.

Is this something interesting? Should I share more info / investigate more? Or is this just a normal thing? I don't actually know what this means, if anything.

I wasn't sure when I saw it, I thought it was odd so I figured I'd ask about it here. I saved a copy of the game at the moment the screenshot was taken just in case.
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.79] Mystery active transport line; is it a bug? (Performance-related maybe)

Post by Rseding91 »

Can you please post the save file that shows the issue?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.17.79] Mystery active transport line; is it a bug? (Performance-related maybe)

Post by JasonC »

Rseding91 wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:28 am
Can you please post the save file that shows the issue?
Here you go. This is just the game as-is, let me know if you want me to clean it up or something.

Just open it and turn on the debug setting, the player is standing right next to the belt. I wouldn't think any of the mods would matter but you'll be missing things if you don't have the warehousing one, dunno if that will affect anything.

I think the file is too big to attach here (41mb) so I put it on dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9se56tkzo34ejwd/AABJywsyD4prxXYjmot_fO6fa?dl=0.

Let me know when you no longer need it there so I can delete it and free up the space. All three files there are the same I just compressed them differently when I was trying to upload here.
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the save. I looked into it, and followed the update logic until I found a piece of code which explicitly forces the input line of a splitter with output priority to stay active. So, that's working as intended. Due to the splitter it's feeding into having an output priority and the splitter is backed up that's how it was decided to be implemented :)
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JasonC »

👍👍👍

Return to “Not a bug”