[kovarex] [0.17.11] Alt+D problems. Char movement stops if holding D before pressing alt.

Bugs that we just recently fixed in our development version, and will get to you in the next release.
MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[kovarex] [0.17.11] Alt+D problems. Char movement stops if holding D before pressing alt.

Post by MasterBuilder » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:23 am

- Hold D (or whatever 'go right' is on your keyboard).
- Press Alt.

Your char now stops moving till Alt is released.
If you're heading north/south east (W+D or S+D) and do this, your char stops moving east and just goes north/south only.

With just holding D & tapping Alt though, it really looks like the game is freezing momentarily/stuttering.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but given that the action doesn't create a new decon planner, it appears unintended. It's easy enough to avoid as I have just unbound the key. (I always have a decon planner in the quickbar as '1' so it can't get any easier.)
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.11] Alt+D problems. Char movement stops if holding D before pressing alt.

Post by Twinsen » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:50 pm

Related viewtopic.php?f=7&t=66402
Not conflicting if solved properly.

EDIT: Related: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=68284

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [0.17.11] Alt+D problems. Char movement stops if holding D before pressing alt.

Post by kovarex » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:59 am

Thanks for the report, it is now fixed for the next release.

Return to “Resolved for the next release”