[0.17.6] Trains at same named stations when disable leave early

Things that has been reported already before.
Muppet9010
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.17.6] Trains at same named stations when disable leave early

Post by Muppet9010 »

Standard Behavior
When a single train is at a singleton station name and it is awaiting its condition to be met. If the station is disabled the train continues to await its condition before continuing its schedule. In effect meaning the station being disabled has no impact on the train. This seems odd as a design concept, but I am told is the historical expected behaviour.

When a single train is at an instance of a station name and it is awaiting its condition to be met. if the station is then disabled the behaviour is the same as with the singleton station.

Issue
When 2 or more trains are each at an instance of a station name and they are awaiting their conditions to be met. The stations are then disabled. When the first train completes its schedule condition all other trains at the other station instances of the same name immediately paths to the nearest instance of the same named station that isn't disabled. So the other trains are leaving their stations before they have met their conditions which shouldn't happen. Rather than complete their current condition at the current station instance.

This can be seen in the attached save game where when one train fills up the other train leaves its loading station despite not being full and tries to head to the other station instance.

If you disconnect the track between the 2 lines (at the top of the arc) each train then behaves as expected. However in this case when the first train fills up and completes its condition the other train's condition will flash on its GUI (if open) and then continue loading. This implies somehow the 2 trains are interfering with each others state.
Attachments
trains leaving when not full.zip
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 75 times
Last edited by Muppet9010 on Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

knightelite
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.17.6] Trains at same named stations when disable leave early

Post by knightelite »

Thanks for finding this one. That will definitely affect my setup where I named every single station "S" and use circuit logic to control trains. I've also confirmed this continues to occur in 0.17.7.

EDIT: This is a pretty big problem actually, and it also occurs when you add a new station with the same name, or just enable a disabled station, even if none of the trains are instructed to leave. Video demonstrating the issue:

https://youtu.be/7reOiusDbiQ

I've attached the save with the setup in the video.
Attachments
metadata_combiner_workspace.zip
(2.69 MiB) Downloaded 86 times

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

viewtopic.php?f=182&t=65109
Not as high a priority as all the crashes being fixed (and probably complicated too) but it is in "Assigned" so it's being looked into.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

knightelite
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by knightelite »

MasterBuilder wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:17 am
viewtopic.php?f=182&t=65109
Not as high a priority as all the crashes being fixed (and probably complicated too) but it is in "Assigned" so it's being looked into.
Awesome, thanks. I posted over in that thread as well.

Return to “Duplicates”