[0.16.51] Entities marked for deconstruction with fluid boxes do not fully block flow.

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
dewiniaid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.16.51] Entities marked for deconstruction with fluid boxes do not fully block flow.

Post by dewiniaid »

If a fluidbox is empty before being marked for deconstruction, it can still end up with fluid flowing into it:

In the above image, the storage tank was marked for deconstruction before the offshore pump was placed -- yet still ends up being full of water. Furthermore, removing it instantly caused water to go into the adjacent tanks.

In some cases, the fluid may pass through it to other fluid boxes as well:

I believe these are both artifacts of the current fluid handling system: It appears the marked entity does not try to move fluids on its own, but adjacent entities may depending on their location (or build order?)

P.S. Dominik, I'm sorry.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.51] Entities marked for deconstruction with fluid boxes do not fully block flow.

Post by Rseding91 »

dewiniaid wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:37 pm
... It appears the marked entity does not try to move fluids on its own, but adjacent entities may depending on their location ...
Correct. It was never intended to work that way - it's just a side effect of the deconstruction mechanism and will most likely be changed in 0.17 so they always flow fluid.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

dewiniaid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.16.51] Entities marked for deconstruction with fluid boxes do not fully block flow.

Post by dewiniaid »

Rseding91 wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:16 pm
dewiniaid wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:37 pm
... It appears the marked entity does not try to move fluids on its own, but adjacent entities may depending on their location ...
Correct. It was never intended to work that way - it's just a side effect of the deconstruction mechanism and will most likely be changed in 0.17 so they always flow fluid.
That seems like that can cause nasty unexpected side effects when deconstructing something with fluids and simultaneously constructing something with fluids in the same location. Then again, those side effects are possible now too.

Belts don't move items while they're marked, it seems like fluids shouldn't either for consistency's sake and adjacent fluidboxes can just pretend it doesn't exist.

Return to “Won't fix.”