[0.15] [posila] CTD with 4x4 reactor setup

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
xBlizzDevious
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.15] [posila] CTD with 4x4 reactor setup

Post by xBlizzDevious »

Not sure what is causing this but I have found a major issue with using reactors in an abnormal setup.

Normally, you can't automate reactors in a setup with more than 2 in each direction (ie, 3x3 or 4x4). However, I've got mods which make this possible. As such, I wanted to make a very powerful, highly efficient reactor setup of 4x4.

I have my reactors management power grid separated by a power switch and noticed no issues until I switched it on - where the game crashed to desktop.

Investigating the log, it said that "Internal error: trying to connect neighbour already connected." I assume that must be the reactors getting confused with the neighbouring bonus?

To test this wasn't something odd from my mods, I downloaded a fresh copy of the game from the website (I normally use the Steam version), copied the save across and opened it - almost everything was removed from the game because so much is modded, but all of the reactors stuff is vanilla. I added substations to cover the required area (the modded save has extra range substations) and then switched the power switch again. Even on vanilla, I got a crash to desktop.

I've included the mods, the save file and the log file.
All you need to do is to switch on the combinator next to the player to switch the power switch and then wait a few seconds.
Alien Biomes is included in the mods list but is a large file so I uploaded it separately.
Note: The save was MP but with current issues with Factorissimo2, I'm playing single player.

Thanks and good luck.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(18.01 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
xBlizzServersMP.zip
Save file
(42.09 MiB) Downloaded 96 times
alien-biomes_0.2.6.zip
Included in the save - large file and unsure if necessary.
(98.62 MiB) Downloaded 89 times
Factorio0.15.11-ModsPt1.rar
All mods excluding Alien Biomes.
(27.49 MiB) Downloaded 97 times

xBlizzDevious
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: CTD with 4x4 reactor setup

Post by xBlizzDevious »

Well that's interesting.

I don't know if it's anything to do with the reactors. I think it may be the circuit network that's broken.

I was using a modified version of this reactor setup: viewtopic.php?f=208&t=47556

I was just checking I had the logic correct in case that was causing some issue, so I used the provided blueprint (in Distelzombie's thread linked above) to compare and as my bots finished placing it, it crashed the game.

Can the circuit network crash the game to desktop?

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

I placed the blueprint in my game and it works. Maybe its your mods that have a problem with some changes in 0.15.11. Try again without?

EDIT: After it is completely build by the bots it starts an alert because fuel is low. Maybe that is causing an issue with one of your mods.
I understand it only happened after it was build completely. So this is the only thing that happens after it.
Here is a blueprint without the speaker
without
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

xBlizzDevious
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by xBlizzDevious »

Distelzombie wrote:I placed the blueprint in my game and it works. Maybe its your mods that have a problem with some changes in 0.15.11. Try again without?

EDIT: After it is completely build by the bots it starts an alert because fuel is low. Maybe that is causing an issue with one of your mods.
I understand it only happened after it was build completely. So this is the only thing that happens after it.
Here is a blueprint without the speaker
without

I am so baffled. That blueprint works perfectly. It must be something to do with the system near my reactors.

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

xBlizzDevious wrote:I am so baffled. That blueprint works perfectly. It must be something to do with the system near my reactors.
I should have been more clear: I deleted the speaker from this blueprint thats why it works.

However the blueprint with the speaker work totally fine in my game.
Complete 2-Lane system as a Blueprint-Book! The perfect OCD reactor? Testing chained science lab efficiency Please use real prefixes and proper rounding!

xBlizzDevious
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by xBlizzDevious »

Distelzombie wrote:
xBlizzDevious wrote:I am so baffled. That blueprint works perfectly. It must be something to do with the system near my reactors.
I should have been more clear: I deleted the speaker from this blueprint thats why it works.

However the blueprint with the speaker work totally fine in my game.

Speaker doesn't seem to have anything to do with it. What actually is causing the issue is baffling me more and more.

I've tried removing each part one by one and testing but every time, something crashes when I provide power to this area of the map.
I even thought it could be the power switch or the power poles I had. So I removed them all. Placed one new power pole and it crashed.

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

I opened your save in my game and it is like totally destroyed. Walking speed is for some reason about one tile per second! Im not using your mods, but vanilla walking speed is like triple that.
I guess mods changed stuff in it so much that you cant play it in vanilla anymore. It did crash with the same error though.

Can you start a new map and try it again?

I also tested a setup of 3x3 reactor running without any combinator just manual input. In my game, not yours though. Works fine. No crash.

xBlizzDevious
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by xBlizzDevious »

Distelzombie wrote:I opened your save in my game and it is like totally destroyed. Walking speed is for some reason about one tile per second! Im not using your mods, but vanilla walking speed is like triple that.
I guess mods changed stuff in it so much that you cant play it in vanilla anymore. It did crash with the same error though.

Can you start a new map and try it again?

I also tested a setup of 3x3 reactor running without any combinator just manual input. In my game, not yours though. Works fine. No crash.

Was never that bad for me - even when I tested on vanilla - fresh 0.15.11 install.
I've opened up a new save, added creative mode mod and placed down all of the blueprints. Nothing broke it. So I tried going into my normal save, blueprinted the entire nuclear processing site (from ore through to power) and even that didn't break the game.

So my only assumption can be that I have genuinely got something broken within my save file itself. Something that a past mod has caused is an issue.

Is it possible to remove all saved mod data that could corrupt the save but without removing anything that actually stores necessary data on the save? Or even to track down and remove the one thing that's causing the problem?

I assume the issue is from adding, removing and updating mods - as they change things break?

EDIT: Well good news: I made it work. Wanna guess what I did? Yup. I blueprinted the setup. Broke everything... Placed it again. That's it. F*** me, I wish I just did that sooner.

Distelzombie
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Distelzombie »

Huh... still a bug someone should take a look at. Dont know if that someone should be factorio or mod dev though... :?

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15] [posila] CTD with 4x4 reactor setup

Post by posila »

Hi, the crash was caused by the two unpowered roboports next to the reactor setup. They are in invalid state and when they get powered it crashes the game. However I can't figure out how did they get to the invalid state. Did you use mods that modified roboport behaviour that you don't use anymore?

Return to “Pending”