[0.15.3] Desync & crash when moving blueprints in a book

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
eplgr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.15.3] Desync & crash when moving blueprints in a book

Post by eplgr »

Game desyncs && crashes when moving blueprints in a blueprint book around. I was changing blueprint's slots. At first I thought the issue had to do with changing the first slot which is the one that you'd see in the book cover. Then after some tests, it happened pseudo-randomly when changing slots around.

This could be reproduced every time I joined my own server. See attached file.

Of course, this only happens in multiplayer. No crashes when loading the save in single player.
At this point I can't basically move the blueprints because the desync and crash would occur.

For reference:
My server and client are both v0.15.3, with the server being the headless version. I'm running debian sid.
No mods.
I had just imported all blueprint strings from: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... _all_tiers

I can't upload the desync report because it wasn't written properly. It's still in the temp folder, and when I try to open anything inside, it returns an error.
I'm not sure this matter but I was playing with "eplgr" as my name, in case you can join as myself, have the same blueprints in the same place, and test whether the game desyncs and crashes on your pc or it doesn't.

Oh, and also, the server didn't crash or anything bad, it's still running and there are no desync reports in its folder.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(7.78 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
_autosave3.zip
(6.48 MiB) Downloaded 40 times

eplgr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.15.3] Desync & crash when moving blueprints in a book

Post by eplgr »

Another thing that seems relevant to me:

It happens exactly when I click a blueprint inside a book. And when I join back, the blueprint is still in my "mouse", being held.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Hi, thanks for the report.
I'll try to reproduce the desync using save and information you provided, but please update your server. You are 2 patches behind, there was lot of blueprint related fixes in 0.15.4, and the crash in log you posted is already fixed in 0.15.5.

eplgr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by eplgr »

Yes, I understand that, but since no fix was related to desyncs, I decided to make the bug report anyway.
If you need any more information, I'll be around.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

This should be fixed for the next version of 0.15.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”