Strange saving glitch

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
icekonline
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Strange saving glitch

Post by icekonline »

I have just purchased Factorio on Steam a few days ago, and the game was perfectly fine. However, one day into playing, several glitches and strange bugs popped up. I have little to no idea how they happened, but they included: menus freezing unless I was in another window, gameplay freezing unless I was in another window, and problems with saving. I got the freezing problem fixed, but the saving problems still persisted. Basically, the game runs normally and saves normally at least twice. Then, any saves after the first two return an error message, making it impossible to save. Then, after a short period of time, a final error message will pop up, and the game closes (which you can see in the links below). I've had this looked at by support via email, and they told me to report here. Again, I have no idea how it happened, but the only thing I do know is that the area the errors describe has little storage in it. Help?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6NZsN ... sp=sharing

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Strange saving glitch

Post by Loewchen »

Looks like a access privilege issue.
Post both of the logs, see my signature on where to find them.

icekonline
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by icekonline »

Loewchen wrote:Looks like a access privilege issue.
Post both of the logs, see my signature on where to find them.
The links below lead to both logs. Commenting on the documents is allowed.

Current Log: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10QR ... sp=sharing

Previous Log:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15JN ... sp=sharing

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

What antivirus do you have or do you have any kind of immediate backup software running? The files are being locked/stopped before they can be fully written to disk which is almost always external software interfering.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

icekonline
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by icekonline »

Rseding91 wrote:What antivirus do you have or do you have any kind of immediate backup software running? The files are being locked/stopped before they can be fully written to disk which is almost always external software interfering.
I use Norton Security. It came preinstalled with the computer. I have no backup software at all, and Steam Cloud is disabled for Factorio.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

icekonline wrote:
Rseding91 wrote:What antivirus do you have or do you have any kind of immediate backup software running? The files are being locked/stopped before they can be fully written to disk which is almost always external software interfering.
I use Norton Security. It came preinstalled with the computer. I have no backup software at all, and Steam Cloud is disabled for Factorio.
Try disabling Norton and see if the issue stops.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

icekonline
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by icekonline »

Rseding91 wrote:
icekonline wrote:
Try disabling Norton and see if the issue stops.
I have disabled Norton, and the saving issue has stopped and I can now save freely. However, the error that closes my game is still there, or the first image listed in my first post.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Try deleting C:/Users/icekc/AppData/Roaming/Factorio/temp and restart windows.

Moved to technical help.

icekonline
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by icekonline »

Loewchen wrote:Try deleting C:/Users/icekc/AppData/Roaming/Factorio/temp and restart windows.

Moved to technical help.
That seems to have worked. Thanks for the help!

Return to “Technical Help”