[0.13.0] Alarms sound long after biter attacks

Bugs that are actually features.
KatherineOfSky
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.13.0] Alarms sound long after biter attacks

Post by KatherineOfSky »

Started a completely new game in 0.13, and I've been seeing a problem where the Alert sound (and map icons) appear long after the biters attack, maybe 30 seconds to a minute later. (This is very different from the 0.12 release).

It's funky to already have killed all the offending aliens, replace the mining drills, etc., and THEN get the alert/icon that things are being destroyed! lol

Repeatability: It happens every time there is a biter attack. (At least 10-15 times now).

Playing vanilla -- I deleted all mods and save files from the directory before installing the new version.
Tutorials, wild playthroughs, and more! https://www.youtube.com/@KatherineOfSky

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.13.0] Alarms sound long after biter attacks

Post by 5thHorseman »

I don't think this is a bug, but a feature that I'm not sure I like that is confusing you.

Alarms no longer sound when you're attacked. They only sound when something is destroyed.

I would prefer the ability to set that, during a game. Sure, in the endgame it's annoying to have the alarm go off every 30 seconds when you know your turrets are taking out the baddie and your robots are repairing the turrets, but at the start it's critical to jumping in and taking care of stuff manually.

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

You should still get the visual alert when something is attacked, like you do when turrets fire, just not the sound until something is destroyed

KatherineOfSky
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KatherineOfSky »

If this is a feature, it needs to be revamped.

In early game I rely on those audible alerts, since I tend to build big early on, and put turrets down only in problem areas.

With the funky map generation, I finally managed to find a world with all four resources within the start area... but they are quite far away from each other and am too focused on building to see those tiny icons if they appear.

In early game, when resources are more precious, I WANT to know when stuff is attacked, so I can PREVENT it from being destroyed.

(Crossing fingers that this IS a bug, and not intended behavior).

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

It's on the list of changes. But I agree, it should at least be configurable

KatherineOfSky
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KatherineOfSky »

I didn't read the full list of changes -- wanted to discover the changes on my own -- more fun!

However... playing this way is extremely frustrating, and un-fun.

The alarm sounds AFTER items are completely destroyed... not when they start getting hit... Definitely not a "warning"... more of a death knell.

I may just shelve the update until they fix this in some way, the game is seriously unfun ATM. I feel like I have to completely surround my starting base with walls, which is NOT how I like to play. Disappointed.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Not a bug.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”