[0.12.26-0.12.27] Modded savegame unable to load

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Leshrac
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.12.26-0.12.27] Modded savegame unable to load

Post by Leshrac »

So I was playing around with rails yesterday and my saves went all fine. After messing around with some mod interaction in a different savegame I tried to load it again and to my dismay I was unable to load it. So I went for all 3 of my autosaves which also seem to be corrupted. Before starting to mess with the rails and signals I did some biter killing.

I made a few blueprints of rails, inserters belts and smart trainstops. The train was on the tracks when I blueprinted the trainstop itself. Also when laying the rail I filled in some water with the Landfill mod and put rails over it. After all this I went for a save as I realized I might have been able to clone fluids and barrels through mod interaction.

I have included all 4 savegames affected and a .rar of my mods as I did tweak some values in the configs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n7t78oiplbi1g57/mods.rar?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jtqxcwujw3hlo ... s.rar?dl=0
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(6.33 KiB) Downloaded 74 times

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.26-0.12.27] Modded savegame unable to load

Post by Choumiko »

Try disabling Misanthrope, the error has a variable name that is used in that mod. If you can load the saves without Misanthrope, please let the author know that there's something wrong

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

This is a Lua error and not specific to any particular version of Factorio. There's so much saved that it's hitting a limit of the Lua interpreter.

The mod "Misanthrope" is saving an *extreme* amount of data out to the save file (about 25 megabytes). If you remove that mod your save should load up without any issues.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Leshrac
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Leshrac »

Yay! It works! Thanks for the quick reply. Gonna link this topic towards the author of the mod.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Rseding91 wrote:This is a Lua error and not specific to any particular version of Factorio. There's so much saved that it's hitting a limit of the Lua interpreter.

The mod "Misanthrope" is saving an *extreme* amount of data out to the save file (about 25 megabytes). If you remove that mod your save should load up without any issues.
Just out of curiosity: Is there a way for non-devs to find out how much a mod uses in the save?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Choumiko wrote:
Rseding91 wrote:This is a Lua error and not specific to any particular version of Factorio. There's so much saved that it's hitting a limit of the Lua interpreter.

Just out of curiosity: Is there a way for non-devs to find out how much a mod uses in the save?
Yeah. You just extract the save file and look at the contents of the script.dat file :)

You can view it in any text editor. There's a little binary data around each mod (version tags, and some other data) but it's pretty easy to see which data belongs to which mod.

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

I took a look at the save in the OP. The script.dat has a lot of Misanthrope data, but the regionQueue (which is the visible portion in the screenshot) structure is quite small. Am I correct in assuming that I exceeded the number of items storable in the global data in general, and not that particular data structure?

It seems like the danger_cache object is 99% of the used space, and it looks like that needs to be fixed.

Edit:
the "enemyRegions" field which seems to be most of the data, doesn't exist in my mod. It was from a very early release, and has been removed for several months. For a few releases, I had set global.enemyRegions = nil to clear any players who had the data, but that clearly is too late for this player.

If this player, if they load the game w/o Misanthrope, then save, then load the game w/Misanthrope, will the Misanthrope mod data be reset/deleted, or will they hit this issue again?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Afforess wrote:.. If this player, if they load the game w/o Misanthrope, then save, then load the game w/Misanthrope, will the Misanthrope mod data be reset/deleted, or will they hit this issue again?
It will be reset/deleted :)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”