[1.1.87] Blueprint Grid position changes when remove/re-add item

Post your bugs and problems so we can fix them.
maxe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.87] Blueprint Grid position changes when remove/re-add item

Post by maxe »

Hello,

First of all, thanks for this brilliant great game :)

I'm currently designing train blueprints based on a 50x50 layout, and I've noticed a strange behavior:
I select my rail section (crtl+C and old shift or via blueprint button), and I set snap parameters (as in first screenshot), if I remove an item from the blueprint with right click, the grid position change to (-20,-20). In general, and can import the item removed or re-added, the grid position change to the previous all even position: (-19,-19) becomes (-20,-20), (11, 3) becomes (10,2), (11,0) becomes (10,0) and (2,6) does not change.

Obviously, if I test to create the blueprint after this change, it fails because my absolute position remains odd.

I've also noticed that if I save the blueprint and then edit it to delete an entity, the issue doesn't appear and my blueprint remains aligned.

For the example, between the two screenshots, I simply deselected the rail signal on the top right and the grid position automatically changed.

asdsasdsasdsas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.87] Blueprint Grid position changes when remove/re-add item

Post by asdsasdsasdsas »

Rails and some related items can only be moved along a "subgrid" which consists of 2x2 sized tiles. When a snap to grid blueprint would place rails not aligned to the subgrid the blueprint is slightly shifted.

Return to “Bug Reports”