[1.1.88] tile.variants.material_background does not work at higher scales than 8x8

Post your bugs and problems so we can fix them.
micromario
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[1.1.88] tile.variants.material_background does not work at higher scales than 8x8

Post by micromario »

Good morning :lol:

I am trying to add some new tilesets for the next pY mod... pYSE
My plan is to have similar effect to the "water wube" tile. Aka it uses the material background property to repeat the sprite every N tiles.

However I noticed that this prototype property breaks when going to higher resolutions than 8x8 (size of water wube tile). I tried to make a 32x32.
The game loads just fine but it seems to just use random textures from the altas. There is also a strange shearing effect on the sprite borders.
I tried with the builtin __base__/graphics/terrain/water-wube/concrete-dummy.png and also custom __pystellarexpeditiongraphics__/graphics/tile/space-platform/concrete-dummy.png

I have attached some resources to help debugging. :D
1. Image of the broken tiles
2. Code used to make this tile
3. HR and LR images for the intended texture

Thanks for looking at this :?
Attachments
space-platform.png
space-platform.png (1.48 MiB) Viewed 618 times
hr-space-platform.png
hr-space-platform.png (4.94 MiB) Viewed 618 times
space-platform.lua
(4.01 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
broken stuff.png
broken stuff.png (770.66 KiB) Viewed 618 times

micromario
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [1.1.88] tile.variants.material_background does not work at higher scales than 8x8

Post by micromario »

Loggers
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(81.21 KiB) Downloaded 36 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.88] tile.variants.material_background does not work at higher scales than 8x8

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. The maximum size is 8; at best this can be enforced at load time. Runtime tiles do not support a variation size larger than 8 x 8. To change that would make all tiles use more RAM and more space in save files even if not used.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Bug Reports”