[1.1.70] Cancel during "loading multiplayer map" or "catching up" hangs Factorio

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
JasonC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.1.70] Cancel during "loading multiplayer map" or "catching up" hangs Factorio

Post by JasonC »

When joining a multiplayer game, if ESC is pressed during "catching up", it brings up the game menu. If "quit game" is selected, it hangs the game. Eventually the game quits, I think maybe after "catching up" finishes anyways? But while it's hung like this, the menu stays on screen and can't be exited or interacted with (neither via keyboard nor mouse).

Similarly, if ESC is pressed during "loading multiplayer map", the game hangs in the same way, although in this case there is no menu (so it just immediately hangs, no "quit game" selection required) and you're left with an empty title screen until it resumes.

Steps:
A1. Join a multiplayer game, ideally one with a large map and long catch up time
A2. When the "catching up" progress dialog appears, press ESC to bring up the game menu
A3. Choose "quit game"
B1. Join a multiplayer game, ideally one with a large map and long load time
B2. When the "loading multiplayer map" progress dialog appears, press ESC to cancel

Expected:
A. "Catch up" operation immediately cancelled, prompt return to server selection screen or wherever.
B. "Loading multiplayer map" operation immediately cancelled, prompt return to menu.

Actual: Game hangs for a long time (unknown if it waits until "catching up" finishes or if it's something else) and cannot be interacted with. Once life eventually resumes, it returns to the main screen as expected.
Took a break from 0.12.29 to 0.17.79, and then to ... oh god now it's 1.something. I never know what's happening.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.70] Cancel during "loading multiplayer map" or "catching up" hangs Factorio

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however I can't reproduce either of these. When I test canceling during loading the multiplayer map it cancels instantly and i'm back at the menu. When I test quitting during the "catching up" phase it quits within 1 second of clicking the quit button where waiting for the full catch-up would normally take me 10~ seconds in the save I was testing.

It seems like there's something else that's missing to reproduce what you're seeing.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Pending”