[1.1.61] Dashes for underground pathing are blurry

Bugs that are actually features.
omnitographer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.61] Dashes for underground pathing are blurry

Post by omnitographer »

I recently started playing again after a long break, and the dashes for underground pathing seem to have gotten very soft, to the point where looking at them gets me feeling a bit cross-eyed and might give me a headache as my eyes struggle to focus on something that will never be focused.
I don't remember these being so soft in the vertical direction

Take a look at this zoom of the dash:

No anti-aliasing or interpolation was applied when upscaling (nearest-neighbor). All that gradient and the transparent edge pixels make the dash look incredibly soft. And to clarify since the feedback on reddit was less than helpful, my display is perfectly sharp (1080p projector focused sharp enough I can see individual pixels if I get up close) and the prescription for my glasses was updated only a few months ago and my vision is 20/20 with them on.

Edit: A comparison with vs 0.16.51, when the dash had much sharper definition and did not bother me to look at:

Edit 2: edited the png for the dashes, they don't make my head hurt anymore: Image
Would be *awesome* if something like this could be done for the game as distributed.

Thank you.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.61] Dashes for underground pathing are blurry

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however this is intended. The lines are drawn partially transparent so they aren't as jarring compared to the rest of the rendered graphics.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”