[1.1.53] Mod with broken info.json prevents Factorio from updating any mods

Post your bugs and problems so we can fix them.
causa-sui
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[1.1.53] Mod with broken info.json prevents Factorio from updating any mods

Post by causa-sui »

I'm working on my own mod pack for convenience and so others can get a look at the mods I'm using when they ask.

Version 0.0.1 of this mod is broken, because I entered `base >= ???` as a dependency in info.json, and "???" is not a version. I attempted to fix that in version 0.0.3. Locally, I have 0.0.3 installed. However, when I go to Mods -> Updates, I am met with "Unable to check for updates" and no mods can be updated whether they are part of this pack or not. Console log:

Code: Select all

25.911 Info HttpSharedState.cpp:54: Downloading https://mods.factorio.com/api/mods?page_size=max&full=True&version=1.1.53&lang=en
  26.978 Error ModInfo.cpp:134: Mod anentiresleeve-pack dependency base >= ??? not matching pattern "[?|(?)|!|~] ModName [ModVersion specifier]".
  26.981 Error UpdateModsPane.cpp:93: Failed to fetch mod update information: Failed to parse the mod portal API response: Mod anentiresleeve-pack dependency base >= ??? not matching pattern "[?|(?)|!|~] ModName [ModVersion specifier]".
I have not tried deleting the old, broken release because I wanted to leave it visible for this bug report.

factorio-current.log attached.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(17.29 KiB) Downloaded 73 times

causa-sui
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [1.1.53] Mod with broken info.json prevents Factorio from updating any mods

Post by causa-sui »

I deleted the broken distribution from the portal because I wanted to iterate on the mod pack, so I've attached it here.
Attachments
anentiresleeve-pack_0.0.1.zip
(1.08 KiB) Downloaded 218 times

Return to “Bug Reports”