[1.1.50] Desync after joining server for a few seconds

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
MachineRat8
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.50] Desync after joining server for a few seconds

Post by MachineRat8 »

I am playing on a brand new save, with no mods, in freeplay, after being connected to the server for ~10 seconds, no matter what I do, I desync.
I am hosting the server myself with an external host, running Linux headless Factorio v1.1.50 on Ubuntu. I have tried restarting both the client and the server multiple times, but it didn't seem to affect anything.
Here is the desync report:
desync-report-2022-01-05_17-47-31.zip
(3.72 MiB) Downloaded 67 times

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.50] Desync after joining server for a few seconds

Post by robot256 »

MachineRat8 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:17 pm
I am playing on a brand new save, with no mods, in freeplay, after being connected to the server for ~10 seconds, no matter what I do, I desync.
I am hosting the server myself with an external host, running Linux headless Factorio v1.1.50 on Ubuntu. I have tried restarting both the client and the server multiple times, but it didn't seem to affect anything.
Here is the desync report: desync-report-2022-01-05_17-47-31.zip
Did you ever solve this? Since there are no mods involved, it sounds like it might be corrupted game files or a hardware stability problem on either the server or the client. Can you join from a different computer?

MachineRat8
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MachineRat8 »

robot256 wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:16 am
MachineRat8 wrote:
Did you ever solve this? Since there are no mods involved, it sounds like it might be corrupted game files or a hardware stability problem on either the server or the client. Can you join from a different computer?
Just saw this, but no, I didn't manage to get it working, I gave up at the time, but I tried again right now using the latest version (1.1.59) and it still desyncs within 1-8 seconds. Could it be something to do with packet loss?

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by robot256 »

MachineRat8 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 2:30 pm
robot256 wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:16 am
MachineRat8 wrote:
Just saw this, but no, I didn't manage to get it working, I gave up at the time, but I tried again right now using the latest version (1.1.59) and it still desyncs within 1-8 seconds. Could it be something to do with packet loss?
It turned out that my problem was because of a corrupted mod settings file. I had hex-edited the file manually, and the game just ignored the errors in single player and starting the server. But the server silently rejected the corrupted settings in a client trying to connect, even though it had loaded the same file itself. Oxyd fixed it in 1.1.54 or 55. Now it will error in single player too, so you never get to the point of trying to connect to a malformed setting server.

In your case, network data corruption or bad RAM on either machine could cause it. Can you connect to other servers with your client machine?

kvaj
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kvaj »

Does this happen right away on brand new games or does this happen after a server save?
I had a similar issue but with mods a while back and increased ram resolved the issue.
What happens is the separate instance save the game and does not have enough ram for the second process that is saving.
I'm not sure what truely happens but it causes desync from that save point. The only way was to restart with a save file to be able to connect for a while until the hdd caching cause issues again.

Return to “1 / 0 magic”