[1.1.46] Crash when crossing belts (CommonManualBuilder::buildByMovingCheck)

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
BrainGamer_
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.46] Crash when crossing belts (CommonManualBuilder::buildByMovingCheck)

Post by BrainGamer_ »

I encountered this in my normal save file but was able to figure out how to reproduce it reliably.

Requirements: Factorio 1.1.46, Ghost In Hand 1.0.6 and The Blueprint Designer Lab 1.0.3

The issue: While inside the Blueprint Designer Lab building a belt from a ghost belt that crosses another belt which should result in an underground belt (or just straight belt on both sides) causes the game to crash.

crash_reproduction.mp4
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 291 times
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(10.21 KiB) Downloaded 267 times

Baguettedood
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.46] Crash when crossing belts (CommonManualBuilder::buildByMovingCheck)

Post by Baguettedood »

I can reproduce this on Factorio 1.1.48 with just The Blueprint Designer Lab 1.0.3. The game segfaults (SIGSESV) when attempting to build ghost belts through another entity when smart belt dragging is enabled.

Most likely something to do with how the blueprint lab mod auto-creates the actual entity of the ghost you just placed but Factorio attempts to turn the ghost belt into a ghost underground belt but the ghost no longer exists.

Attached is the Factorio log which includes the crash and stack trace, a video of me reproducing the crash, and a save where you can reproduce it yourself (just drag some ghost belts through the line of boilers after loading the save).
Attachments
blueprintlabcrash2.zip
(1.15 MiB) Downloaded 427 times
factorio_blueprintlab_crash.mp4
(2.41 MiB) Downloaded 439 times
factorio-current.log
(11.12 KiB) Downloaded 439 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.46] Crash when crossing belts (CommonManualBuilder::buildByMovingCheck)

Post by boskid »

Thanks for the report. Issue is now fixed for 1.1.54

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”