[1.1.110] Pausing using the Editors "Time" Tab loops Autosave function.

Post your bugs and problems so we can fix them.
spacedestructor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.110] Pausing using the Editors "Time" Tab loops Autosave function.

Post by spacedestructor »

1.)
I experimented in the Editors "Time" Tab with the provided functionality and especially the "Play for limited time" section.
2.)
I noticed by accident that if you press the Pause button in the "Speed" section while the game is performing an auto save and wait until the autosave is complete before unpausing.
Then the game will from that moment on re trigger the autosave function for as long as the game is paused.
Cant say if this is fixed by simply reloading a previous save or going back to the main menu but i can say that restarting the game solves this.
3.)
I expect the Autosave function not to be influenced by the fact if its occurring while the game is paused or not.
4.)
By careful timing or simply using a big save to increase the time it takes the game to finish saving (the size of the save shouldnt influence the bug but was a helpful tool to test how reliable the occurrence is.), i can reliably state that every time i do the same thing from #2 after having restarted the game it will happen again.

Steps to Reproduce:
1.) Wait for an Autosave or perform a game.auto_save() API Call.
2.) Press the Pause Button found in the Editors "Time" tab under the Category "Speed" while the Autosave is in progress.
3.) Wait for the Autosave to complete before unpausing via the Same Button.
4.) Pause the Game via the Button again. The Game should now start a new Autosave immediately after the previous has completed.

Important Notes:
1.) It Doesnt matter why the game is Autosaving, just that it is. So Waiting for it to happen on its own and API Calls to manually trigger an Autosave SHOULD have the same effect.
2.) I havent tested if waiting for the Autosave to finish is requierd for the Bug and all my tests have been done in the Method described above which includes waiting for it to finish.
3.) I was only able to trigger this bug if i was using the Button in the above described UI Location.
Using the Hotkey "shift + space" doesnt have the same Result, even when the Bug has already been triggered it will only occur via the UI.

(not including image/video/gif because you would only see the editor open and the autosave "pop up" appear. There is no visual Difference to intended behaviour other then the fact that the autosave pop up keeps appearing and iterating over all autosave slots.)
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(788.42 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
_autosave1.zip
Save File "_autosave1.zip" has been produced during the bug and because the Bug is Save Game Persistent loading it should automatically retrigger it since the relevant states are Save Game Persistent, thus making the entire Bug Save Game Persistent.
(33.25 MiB) Downloaded 8 times

Return to “Bug Reports”