[1.1.109] Desync instantly of specific client

Post your bugs and problems so we can fix them.
Yokoonososopolo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.109] Desync instantly of specific client

Post by Yokoonososopolo »

My one friend is not able to join our game and vice versa.
When he tries to load into our game He will get the error "1282.804 Error GameActionHandler.cpp:3611: Multiplayer desynchronisation: crc test (heuristic) failed for crcTick(948052) serverCRC(1650550862) localCRC(1743141077)"
When he tries to load a game for us to join he gets the notification "Failed to determine external IP address. Other players might not be able to connect."

We have tried changing his IP to static, as well as my own, but no luck. He tried connecting through his mobile hotspot.
He connected with his work laptop and was actually able to join, so indications are that it is his PC that's the issue.

We used to play a couple years back and there was never an issue. I don't believe that he has changed any hardware since then.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SDixlH ... sp=sharing

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Yokoonososopolo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.109] Desync instantly of specific client

Hi All

Just following up on this one. Any recommendations from anyone?

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by boskid »

Hard to tell from the desync report, it looks like "a lot has changed" desync report, there are some biter differences, pollution differences, evolution factor differences, inserters, electric network, basically a lot is different. If its always the same machine desyncing it suggests it may be issue specific to that machine, could you check if memtest is passing? or possibly provide other desync reports in case they would happen to contain less differences to more easily narrow down what is wrong.

Yokoonososopolo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Thanks for your reply

OK. We can try from a fresh game and send that desync report.

He was able to join a New game, but ±30 min in the game the desync started and he couldn't join us anymore. I think it happened as soon as the biters started attacking us. would it make sense to try a game without pollution & biters?

Is Memtest this?
https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/m/memtest.htm

Return to “Bug Reports”