[1.1.107] Game window is gone from screen, but not taskbar

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Chindraba
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.107] Game window is gone from screen, but not taskbar

Post by Chindraba »

I had been doing some experimental building in a new map. I quit the map w/o saving and left it running on the main menu. I switched virtual desktops to do some text editing, then left the computer for a while. Returning to the computer and switching to the proper desktop I found the background showing. All other programs, screens and desktops are responsive and Factorio shows in the taksbar. Attempting to minimize and restore had no effect. Right clicking the taskbar button and forcing close returned the "Not Responding" dialog from the window manager.

The log file timestamp is 18:27 and the time of the not responding dialog was 19:24. The log shows no shutdown activity and ends with the last save of the blueprint file.

The last _autosave timestamp is 18:26:26 (accessed at 18:27:40). Blueprint file timestamp is 18:27:40. The current log file timestamp is 18:27:40.

Running the Steam install (build 62234, linux 64) in full-screen mode with custom scaling set to 100%. This, or nearly this, has happened before but I'd considered it a Wayland issue. One of many. I've returned to X11 and not seen it happen since. Until now.

OS is openSUSE Tumbleweed 20240503 with KDE Plasma 6.0.4, KDE Frameworks 6.1.0, QT ver 6.7.0, Kernel 6.8.8.1-default, graphics is X11, CPU AMD 7800x3D, RAM 62 GiB, GPU AMD RX 7600.

If it matters using 6 virtual desktops with the game on #3 and I was using #5. Main screen, where the game should have been, was still able to show other windows, including the not responsive dialog. All other programs, in all screens and desktops were unaffected.

This could be a system issue, rather than a game issue. The system dialog of Not Responding did end up with a "double take".
Attachments
Not Responding dialog screen capture
Not Responding dialog screen capture
report-image.png (46.9 KiB) Viewed 345 times
factorio-current-missing-window.log
Current log file
(35.91 KiB) Downloaded 22 times

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.107] Game window is gone from screen, but not taskbar

Post by raiguard »

You are not the first one to report this. However, there is not much I can do without a consistent reproduction.

The doubled-up system dialog makes me think it might have to do with async saving.
Don't forget, you're here forever.

Return to “Pending”