[0.15.23] Wires get rendered above Locomotives, bug/feature?

Bugs that are actually features.
Sauted_Mango
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.15.23] Wires get rendered above Locomotives, bug/feature?

Post by Sauted_Mango »

{I could not find this particular (bug) on the forum. If it has already been posted elsewhere, or is not a bug, this can be closed or locked to remove unnecessary clutter from the forum.}

I am not sure whether this would be classified as a bug, but when red or green wires are connected between multiple circuit network entities that are hidden behind, specifically Locomotives, cargo wagons, and fluid wagons, they are rendered above the wagons/Locomotive itself instead of below.
(The blue is showing the part I am talking about)
(The blue is showing the part I am talking about)
Train-C_N-Wires.PNG (149.82 KiB) Viewed 840 times
I have also tried this with the car and tank, but they seem to look just fine, even if the same problem occurs with them as well.
(Test of Car and Tank)
(Test of Car and Tank)
B.PNG (202.66 KiB) Viewed 840 times

This seems to be intended (at least for the moment) in most cases to show what an object in front of an entity is connected to that is behind it, but I am not entirely sure whether this particular issue has existed before this update or not, but either way, when there are 'floating' wires in front of the Locomotive, it looks strange and slightly out of place. It does make sense in some situations, for example, when debugging a complicated circuit, but if you hover over an entity that is connected to a network, it highlights the entire network that it is connected to. When they get highlighted, it would make sense that the all the wires get rendered above everything else, so they can be seen easier, and get highlighted at the same time. That would be a good way to fix/remedy this, and you do not lose the look or functionality of the circuit network. It is not a priority to fix, but I just wanted to let someone know just in case it is a bug or unintended consequence of the way that wires are prioritized above other objects/entities.

I hope this helps get rid of another bug, or get a better idea of this particular feature, and how/why it was implemented. I always like learning something new, especially about this game. :D

If more information is needed from me, just ask, and I will try my best to get it for you. :)

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.23] Wires get rendered above Locomotives, bug/feature?

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report however wires get rendered above most things on purpose.

If they didn't, you'd notice far more problems where they go under things they logically wouldn't.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Sauted_Mango
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.15.23] Wires get rendered above Locomotives, bug/feature?

Post by Sauted_Mango »

Thank you for the reply, yeah wasn't sure about it, but like I said it does make sense why it was done that way. Anyway thanks for clarifying that. :)

Return to “Not a bug”