Right-click instead of middle mouse

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ccw18
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Right-click instead of middle mouse

Post by ccw18 »

Personally, I don't like to use the middle mouse button as it is hard to click and I never need to use the right-click to pick a half stack of item from the quick bar, so I hope if I can use right-click to reset the quick bar which is much easier to do than the middle mouse button.

Also, I've seen people complaining about how they dislike the way quick bar works after the 1.1 updates. Indeed the change makes the quick bar overwriting easier but it also increases the chance of unintended quick bar rewrite. If the change is undone and right-click is used for quick bar reset, the quick bar rewrite is still easier than before and there will be no consequences by unintended left-click.

To be more ambitious, I want to remove the need of the middle mouse button for inventory filters. I noticed that there's no effect when you left-click or right-click an empty inventory slot, which means the right and left clicks can be potentially used to set inventory filters. Additionally, the inventory interactions can have a small change: currently, when holding a stack of an item in inventory, it still occupies the inventory space. what would be better is that it transfers to the character's hand thus not in the inventory anymore, and when I holding it on top of other items they are 'pushed back', leaving an empty space so I can use left-click to set the inventory filter. Similarly, I can right-click on a filtered empty slot to make it empty by holding the item, and right-click to reset the filter.

If they are both implemented, there will be a consistency between inventory, quick bar and logistics requests where left-click is always used for setting and right-click is always used for reset. I also noticed that when you change the logistics request item type the request numbers are reset, but I think it would be good if the number stays, If people want to reset the number they can clear the request before start the new one.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Right-click instead of middle mouse

Post by ssilk »

It’s very unclear, what this suggestion suggests.

If you want to change the right mouse instead of middle key, then go to setup and change the controls according to your needs. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

ccw18
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Right-click instead of middle mouse

Post by ccw18 »

Oh, I just realised that u can change that!
I set the control option like this
It works for the quick bar, but not for inventory. When I right-click on an empty inventory there's no reaction.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (3.3 KiB) Viewed 1158 times

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”