Allow deconstruction/other selection planners from map

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Allow deconstruction/other selection planners from map

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

We can place blueprints from the map now. This is great! It would be even better if we could deconstruct, copy/paste, and use other selection planners from the map view.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Allow deconstruction/other selection planners from map

Post by Qon »

Yes please!

I have been considering doing some mod that allows you to pick corners similar to how blueprints are placed and then deconstrcut everything within that area. Not yet sure if it would be possible to interact with other planning tools.

I've been using zoom_to_world(position, 0.05) to zoom out far enough together with my mod Clear Skies of Peace - Toggle Fog of War. This allows me to use planners from map view. Would be nice if the game supported it properly.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Ah. That bothered me last weekend hard. I’ll try that.

Indeed, Factorio has a small problem with very big blueprints. Meanwhile I think there should be some kind of upper limit from where it say “we recommend to split this blueprint into some parts. Yes/no”

And if you say yes it splits that blueprint automatically into 9 parts (or more) with the edges slightly overlapping to make it easier to edit it, and put it into a bp-book. With correct offset.

There is then also a button: “place remaining blueprints”, which look, which of the parts have been placed lately and places automatically the remaining parts.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

ssilk wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:10 am
And if you say yes it splits that blueprint automatically into 9 parts (or more) with the edges slightly overlapping to make it easier to edit it, and put it into a bp-book. With correct offset.
I like this Idea. I think it would be much simpler though if you could just set a position in the blueprint were the cursor will be when you have the item in hand.

Also +1 for the original suggestion.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

ickputzdirwech wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:21 am

I like this Idea. I think it would be much simpler though if you could just set a position in the blueprint were the cursor will be when you have the item in hand.
You can do this by making a global grid of size 1 and put the center where you want the cursor to be
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

AmericanPatriot wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:59 pm
ickputzdirwech wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:21 am

You can do this by making a global grid of size 1 and put the center where you want the cursor to be
True, but you then can’t use the grid anymore.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”