Custom Blueprint Absolute Reference Point Anchor

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

rain9441
Inserter
Inserter

Custom Blueprint Absolute Reference Point Anchor

Post by rain9441 »

I am attempting to create blueprints that are aligned to the global grid. While doing so, I have two separate systems that I want to have a global grid alignment system for. One is for trains, the other is for belts.

I'd like to use blueprints that are similar sized, but whose anchor offset differ. For example, I'd like the rails anchor to be at 0,0 and have a grid size of 28. I'd like the belts anchor to be at 7,7 and have a grid size of 14. The image here shows how these systems might overlap.
DoubleGrid.png
DoubleGrid.png (3.1 KiB) Viewed 1370 times
The problem is that all blueprint books that use Absolute Reference Point have a grid that starts out at 0,0, and therefor it is difficult to attain the results in the picture above unless we can set the Absolute Reference Point anchor at something other than 0,0.

There is one work around where we set the Absolute Reference Point of all of the blueprints to be offset like below, but this creates a very poor user experience and does not work very well.
offset-belts.png
offset-belts.png (175.95 KiB) Viewed 1370 times
Thanks

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Custom Blueprint Absolute Reference Point Anchor

Post by boskid »

This is already implemented and will be released with 1.1.0, including ability to specify odd shift with rails when odd absolute shift is given.

rain9441
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Custom Blueprint Absolute Reference Point Anchor

Post by rain9441 »

You are all gods.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”