Construction bots - following pre-destruction wire set-up

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

noclaf
Inserter
Inserter

Construction bots - following pre-destruction wire set-up

Post by noclaf »

Hello!
My suggestion is quite simple - when construction bots replace destroyed power poles, these power poles should have the same wire configuration as before destruction.

Reasoning - I have many power-hungry production facilities turned on/off automatically by circuit conditions linked to switch - some poles have to be shift-clicked and power wires connected only to selected poles - otherwise the switch is bypassed and facility is continuously on. When critters destroy such a pole, the new pole is connected to everything in reach. :x

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Construction bots - following pre-destruction wire set-up

Post by ssilk »

Nearly sure, that this will not come. I feel with you, bro.

The reasons why this will not come is, the endless complexity of this. The question is: what is more important now?
- that the pole you place will connect to an existing pole to guarantee that power is flowing or
- that you wait for power until the right pole is placed.

That cannot be answered by simply placing a pole. You need to think in pairs, triplets etc. and you need to think in networks: how to connect this network to the “main-network”. Which gets very soon endless complex. The devs made the decision that a connection regardless to which pole is more worth than the right connection, because it is more important to have power, than to have the right power.

I solve those problems by keeping enough distance. But it’s complicated.

See for example viewtopic.php?f=6&t=70996 Control Power Connections by Coloring Power Poles (with Lamps)

There are also many more information about the background in that thread.

Btw: if there are other ideas: it’s really hard to search for them, forgive me and add it here.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”