[Already exists] Showing max. frame time for mods

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[Already exists] Showing max. frame time for mods

Post by ownlyme »

Imo the ups values for mods are not really useful
If you distribute your workload on multiple ticks, 1-2 UPS will have no impact at all.
But if you do all your work on 1 tick, once per second, the user will notice annoying lagspikes.
I'd suggest showing the maximum frame time in the last 1-2 seconds (on a per mod basis)
Last edited by ownlyme on Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Showing max. frame time for mods

Post by slippycheeze »

ownlyme wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:21 am
Imo the ups values for mods are not really useful
If you distribute your workload on multiple ticks, 1-2 UPS will have no impact at all.
But if you do all your work on 1 tick, once per second, the user will notice annoying lagspikes.
I'd suggest showing the maximum frame time in the last 1-2 seconds (on a per mod basis)
Isn't that what is shown as the ... third number, I think? Highest value in the last, average in the second, current in the first?
I don't have the game in front of me, but I swear I saw that show when I was poking at what used 2/3 my game performance last time.

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

Oh.. you are right
Just found the wiki
average/min/max of the last 100 ticks
https://stable.wiki.factorio.com/Debug_mode

Guess my mod isn't that optimized yet, somehow my max is over 1 (milliseconds?)
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

slippycheeze
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by slippycheeze »

ownlyme wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:34 am
Guess my mod isn't that optimized yet, somehow my max is over 1 (milliseconds?)
Milliseconds. Because I had times over 16.7 max when the mod turned 60 UPS to 20 UPS. :)

Unless someone *cough* bilka *cough* corrects me, you should edit the wiki to say that.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Already exists] Showing max. frame time for mods

Post by Bilka »

The (experimental) wiki already says milliseconds. Moving this to implemented since it's already a thing.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”