Wire Pipes - Electronically Controllable Valves

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

dopefish
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Wire Pipes - Electronically Controllable Valves

Post by dopefish »

Yet again I feel like I'm probably missing a topic that is bound to exist, but I couldn't find anything using search so...

A simple suggestion that I can only assume is already planned, pipes that we can control with wires.

For example: When there are less than 100 sulfur in the logistics system, open up the pipe that feeds the chemical plants with petroleum gas and produce some more. At the same time, close down the water pipes leading to the chemical plants that produce explosives so that sulfur prioritizes sulfuric acid until a large enough store of sulfur is produced.

Currently we can do these things with smart inserters, kind of, but we can't take advantage of storage tanks or fine tune production of fluids or do certain specific and complex things.

I'd also suggest adding the ability of storage tanks to affect wires, so we can do things like "once this tank is full, open up that valve".

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Wire Pipes - Electronically Controllable Valves

Post by Nova »

This will (hopefully) be implemented with the general smart logistic update. The current situation with wires and the logistics is rather "inadequate", so I hope all our dreams will come true with one of the next big updates.

This is mentioned in the roadmap thread, if you want to know my source:
slpwnd wrote:
  • More circuit logic (circuits for electricity, trains, liquids, etc.)
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

There are many more suggestions containing valves, which are about controlling the fluids:
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/sea ... lves&fid=6
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Also note the Valve feature is already implemented in the Pump.
There is an important bit missing though - they cannot be controlled by CCnet yet.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”