Maximum limit for logistics slots

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

immibis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Maximum limit for logistics slots

Post by immibis »

Currently, logistic slots in your character allow you to specify an item, and a minimum amount of that item to keep stocked. You should also be able to specify a maximum number of items. If you have more items than the maximum, the robots will take away the extra items the same way they take items from active provider chests.

I seem to pick up quite a few stacks of iron plates/copper plates/coal/etc when rearranging things, and it would be nice if the robots could take it away automatically.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Maximum limit for logistics slots

Post by n9103 »

Make one of those a logistic storage chest, and drop the stuff in one when you feel you've got too much. ;)
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

immibis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immibis »

n9103 wrote:Make one of those a logistic storage chest, and drop the stuff in one when you feel you've got too much. ;)
Active provider* if I want to reuse the chest. But that misses the point of it being fully automatic. You could also say "Make a requester chest, and drop it down when you want robots to deliver stuff to you", but we have character logistic slots anyway.

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

I think you mean like i have now 800 Wood but i only need 400 wood u put that in Max 400 Wood in your inventory and the logistic Robort come and bring them to Storage chests or ? :?:
Sorry for my bad English ! i will not remove it !
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

immibis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immibis »

berni1212 wrote:I think you mean like i have now 800 Wood but i only need 400 wood u put that in Max 400 Wood in your inventory and the logistic Robort come and bring them to Storage chests or ? :?:
Yes, exactly that.

Maybe it could work for requester chests too. You could have a buffer chest with almost infinite size - if it gets too empty, the robots will bring more stuff, and if it gets too full, the robots will take it away. But probably not, to keep it simple.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”