Building over water

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Zombull
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Building over water

Post by Zombull »

I would like to see 1x1, 2x2 and 3x3 platforms that can be placed in water. When placed in water, the platform is level with the ground and can be walked, driven and built upon just like normal ground.

The small, 1x1 platforms can be made of wood. The 2x2 are made of iron plates and pipes. The 3x3 are made of iron plates and steel plates.

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Building over water

Post by LordFedora »

Or, wood, stone + iron, stone bricks + steel

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Building over water

Post by GewaltSam »

A method for building over water would be great; but I am not sure if platforms on water are a fitting idea.

To be honest, I am satisfied how the Landfill mod handles the problem right now: You need a good amount of stone to simply fill up and "remove" water - whole lakes, or simply for removing those three tiles of water which stand in the way of building a straight transport belt. I think that bridges would fit all other uses a bit better. Imagine all sources of water cluttered with platforms, and some stuff built on them; I think that would look silly. I myself like to build bridges for my railroads (and later, maybe roads), and when there is a small patch of water in the way, I would fill it up with said mod.

It would be a nice addition to have for big lakes though, where you could build some kind of "swimming factory". But for small patches, Landfill works better in my opinion.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”