Interface scaling

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Interface scaling

Post by cpy »

I think option to scale interface from 50-400% would be nice, i mean i love factorio but after few weeks my eyes start to see blurry and crap. I played lot of games even more than factorio, but only in factorio i get eye strain. Because interface in factorio is too damn small!

By interface scaling i mean scale every text, icon and stuff.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Interface scaling

Post by cpy »

Nobody else really finds it small? I guess you have low DPI monitors then.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

well, it looks ok on my 14" laptop monitor, but that's no surprise.
I found it quite readable on my friends 22" screen as well, but on higher resolutions it may get too small...

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

I play on 2560x1600 (2.5k) and my eyes hurt from this game. Well really they hurt from any other small text game, but i always increase interface size when possible.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

Yeah, that's double my resolution. I can imagine how that would make the interface too small for comfort.
I support this idea, if only because I'm hoping that some day I'll be able to afford a big screen with high resolution :)

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

sillyfly wrote:Yeah, that's double my resolution. I can imagine how that would make the interface too small for comfort.
I support this idea, if only because I'm hoping that some day I'll be able to afford a big screen with high resolution :)
...and lose eyesight. :D

Sad part is, android, iOS, WP know how to scale stuff with different DPI, windows knows only 1 DPI, and if you change windows DPI settings everything gets messed up as hell. Some apps work with different DPI settings other don't. Funny stuff really, i know some apps that support DPI change partially, when MENU becomes MENU and text becomes text. 2014 windows, true story.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”