Chopping trees without removing blueprints

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Jonathan88
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Chopping trees without removing blueprints

Post by Jonathan88 »

TL;DR
When chopping down trees, other buildings and blueprints cannot be mined without releasing and reclicking the mine button (LMB).

What ?
Similar to the way that you can't mine ores after mining buildings on an ore patch, when chopping trees, you shouldn't be able to accidentally mine buildings or blueprints.
(Can't think of any reason this would need a picture!)
Why ?
The main reason I think this would be useful is for when you are placing blueprints over trees in the early game (no robots yet) and the blueprint parks with an 'X' which trees need removing. When I am chopping these trees, the blueprints which I placed under the trees often get removed as well. This means that once I've removed all the necessary trees, the blueprint has large parts of it missing, so it needs replacing in the same spot.

That's it! Just a little QoL thing that always bugs me when playing.
FactoriOh No: when it's accidentally 2am, again

FasterJump
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Chopping trees without removing blueprints

Post by FasterJump »

This kind of lock seems a good idea. When you're mining/deconstructing a type of item, you cannot mine/deconstruct another type without releasing right click.
-blueprints
-buildings
-trees and rocks
-ores
Minor QoL improvement, but not a priority in my opinion, it's easy to deal without it.

Jonathan88
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Jonathan88 »

FasterJump wrote:Minor QoL improvement, but not a priority in my opinion, it's easy to deal without it.
I guess it isn't too hard to live with - I just find it frustrating when I place a furnace blueprint in a forest and whilst removing the trees, I accidentally delete a ghost placed inserter and forget to build it as the ghost has gone. Similarly for complex trackwork - I set up a difficult junction then I accidentally delete most of the blueprints whilst clearing the trees and have to figure out where I planned the rails to go again... :?
FactoriOh No: when it's accidentally 2am, again

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mendel »

I´ve never encountered this problem since I always clear the trees first.

Basically I would use either poison capsules or grenades to clear the trees and only after that I will place the blueprint.

If its so early game that I dont have said items available, then I will try to avoid areas with trees if I can until later when I can easily clear the trees.

However, this is still a good idea, you should have the choice to do it your way.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

This is a dupe of 30192
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

No, it is not. And unlike the linked thread, this was implemented years ago.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

Oups, wrong link :oops:
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”