Blueprints storing module configuration

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

sfrazer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Blueprints storing module configuration

Post by sfrazer »

Love blueprints, especially when reconfiguring a large factory.

But I hate having to run through all the assemblers and smelters and re-plug all my modules into them. Having the blueprint store the modules in a copied config would be heavenly.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Blueprints storing module configuration

Post by ssilk »

This had also been committed as a known issue: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =41&t=4584

The problem is: it does make very much sense to have this turned off, because it makes much sense to built not all with the same amount of modules.

Best case is: you make a copy of your smelting area, because you want to have two of them: one for the day and one for the night, to save power, but continue processing.

This post https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =10#p36341 is also a nice suggestion, how it may work in detail.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Modules also copy in blueprints

Post by Ojelle »

Joined -- ßilk

Right now if you use a blueprint on buildings wich can hold modules those modules do not copy if the source building had modules. I would like it if they did copy too. For example my electric furnaces have 1-1 speed-effi module III and it is quite annoying to put them manualy in every furnace each time I build those things. Same goes for my mines (wich I started building by blueprint too yesterday ^^).
Choumiko wrote:
sillyfly wrote:kovarex just posted the thread... but with #118 in the title. I think they had too much beer :D
It's a wonder how good the game is, if you consider how bad they are with the FFF numbers :mrgreen:

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

There are eventually reasons, to implement this not in this simple form, cause the module setting influences how a blueprint will work in the end. See this:
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=7904

There is currently no really good idea here, that handles both interests in the same way. In this case a step by step improvement is a good idea.

The next step to reach this is in my opinion to enable, that the bots can change the modules settings themselves. And then let's see, what is needed next. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ojelle »

Going to read the answer in a minute and I guess I didnt look deep enough in the search function. Thanks for the answer!

Edit: Hmm, interesting post you made there. Its a nice idea.
Choumiko wrote:
sillyfly wrote:kovarex just posted the thread... but with #118 in the title. I think they had too much beer :D
It's a wonder how good the game is, if you consider how bad they are with the FFF numbers :mrgreen:

timsheff
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by timsheff »

I also really want this to be a feature. The latest update allowed force-placing blueprints, so blueprints of miners are now feasible. The only thing missing is copying module settings in blueprints (I need my efficiency!). Automatic switching like ssilk suggested would be nice, but it seems like a step further. Meaning that first we should get bots placing modules, then we should get bots re-placing modules.

Edit: spelling is a thing.

MadZuri
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MadZuri »

I think this is an excellent idea. I wish module information was included in the metadata you can copy and paste with shift clicking as well. If you don't want module data in the thing you are blueprinting, then don't include modules in the initial blueprint. That is like complaining that requester chests and assemblers have metadata and you wish you could paste them without them immediately requesting items. Module data included in the metadata and deliverable by robots would cut out the most annoying part of establishing mining outposts.

KeepOnBuilding
Inserter
Inserter

Post by KeepOnBuilding »

+1 to this feature.

I want to stamp out exact copies of factories and miners. Including the exact module configuration in the original factory.

I don't want automatic module swapping or anything fancy.

I just want blueprints to place an exact match for the original factory, just like the name "blueprint" implies.

KeepOnBuilding!

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”