Landfill blueprints

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Venrob
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Landfill blueprints

Post by Venrob »

Simple suggestion: Be able to blueprint + ghost-place landfills to be placed by robots. As it stands now, it is a pain to go up and down or left and right row by row filling in giant things of water, when I already have roboport coverage and 200+ construction bots or a power armor MK2 with 6 roboport MK2's holding 150 mobile construction bots.... and they are useless when it comes to landfills!

It should be as simple to implement as concrete blueprinting I would think, and I would love to see this become a reality!

Rinin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Landfill blueprints

Post by Rinin »

It could be added as a deconstruction plan. It'll simplify building regular blueprints on oceans with "shift" key just like in forests. It'll also simplify regular usage by hands. And it'll allow you to make proper concrete islands with a "shift" key if you need one. Furthermore, I think it'll increace usage of concrete pavements.

As for "Oceans should never be filled completely" argument. 20x stone for one square is realy good limitation already. You already have to setup a factory for bigger landfill works. And everything should be allowed with proper factory in factorio.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

To make matters worse you waste a lot of landfill if you don't fill it in a single bit at a time. But maybe that is a bug.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

mrvn wrote:To make matters worse you waste a lot of landfill if you don't fill it in a single bit at a time. But maybe that is a bug.
The devs have previously answered to that question that it was not.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Koub wrote:
mrvn wrote:To make matters worse you waste a lot of landfill if you don't fill it in a single bit at a time. But maybe that is a bug.
The devs have previously answered to that question that it was not.
not what? Not wasting landfill or not a bug?

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

With the alien biomes and water fix mods I noticed I was able to ghost place landfill in water and then use the ghosts to make a landfill blueprint :) robots have no problems placing the landfill

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”