Decrease size of substation collision box

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Decrease size of substation collision box

Post by jeroon »

The size of the Furnaces and Assembling machines has been decreased so you can run in between two rows placed together. The Substation however is too wide to run past, would be nice if this could be adjusted too, so I don't have to pick my way around it :)

[edit] I just noticed the same is true for chemical plants and chests. Pretty please?
Last edited by jeroon on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

theit8514
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Decrease size of Substation

Post by theit8514 »

Haha I thought this was going to be "reduce the size of the area powered by substation" and was worried :lol:

I agree though, the substation's collision mask should allow space for a player.

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DerivePi »

They should make it more lifelike. When you run next to a substation your hair raises and then... ZAP! Black charred character collapses into a pile of dust and the "You have lost" screen comes up :D Next thing you know, everybody is using fences with barbed wire around substations!

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

And here I was worried at first that you wanted the substation 1x1 tile big like the small and medium power poles. :) I completely agree as well, the vast majority of buildings gives the place to run around except for an odd few like the substation.

MalContentFL
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MalContentFL »

Its funny that everyone else (including me) thought the area of the substation would be decreased and we all came to say how bad that would be. But decreasing the collision box would be very helpful. I'd also like it if solar panels and steam engines were that way too, and why not do that for everything else ;)

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Personally I think the problem here is that your title fails to communicate the idea well.

Suggest saying "pathing size" rather than size. The assumpion here seems to be that it is refering to Aura size, which seems like the last one you would assume. I personally thought it meant make it as large as a standard power pole, but with the same Aura size.

I am not sure how to make it obvious that it refers to the walkable-size, rather than the physical footprint.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Robbedem
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Robbedem »

Perhaps he could change the title too: "Decrease size of substation collision box"

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Decrease size of substation collision box

Post by jeroon »

Perhaps he has :mrgreen:

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Decrease size of substation collision box

Post by jeroon »

I just noticed it isn't possible to walk in between chemical plants and chests as well.. added it to the opening post :)

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”