Add "Show pollution on map when detailed info info is on"

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

squisher
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Add "Show pollution on map when detailed info info is on"

Post by squisher »

in addition to the existing "show pollution on minimap..." option. Please and thanks :)

Gammro
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Add "Show pollution on map when detailed info info is on

Post by Gammro »

Yes, sometimes I don't want to see all of that pollution while in alt-view. I have alt-view on most of the time, while I don't always need to see my pollution.
Ignore this

Shaymes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shaymes »

if there are an extra button to toggle polution, it will be finde to see polution on the regular map too :)
Mining Drill Operator

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

When you say "map", do you mean the actual game screen, or the map accessible by pressing 'm' (by default) ?

I don't really see why you would want it on the actual game screen, and when in map I find it very simple to just click Alt again if I don't want to see the pollution. I actually use it to see better where my pollution ends.

So I don't really see why this is useful. Don't mind having it, though, I just won't use it :)

Chaz Gansir
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Chaz Gansir »

I could see why you might want to separate the pollution view from the alt-view - if you just want to use alt-view to look at what your factories are making without your minimap showing where the pollution is - or vice versa - maybe you want to see pollution while having alt-view turned off (I know that might be a rare occurrence, but hey, it might happen!)

I support this suggestion!

squisher
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by squisher »

sillyfly wrote:When you say "map", do you mean the actual game screen, or the map accessible by pressing 'm' (by default) ?
The map accessible by pressing 'm' (by default)

Shaymes
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shaymes »

err sry yes i mean main screen
Mining Drill Operator

therapist
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by therapist »

Second or third or whatever this idea. On my girlie's laptop the game even lags when I have detailed view on so I'm interested to see if it is pollution on the minimap or the details overlay on my factory causing this.

A couple ways to implement this idea:
1. Pressing the key to show detailed info could first show pollution, another press show detailed info, another press to turn off. You could even display View Mode: Standard / Pollution / Detailed somewhere on the screen, but this is only necessary if people become confused by having the multiple modes.

2. As I think the OP is suggesting: Put it in the options menu the way they did for the arrows of inserters and things like that. This option would fit right in there, but might confuse people that turn the option off and can't figure out why they can't see pollution hours later or on a different map. Who honestly wants to permanently disable seeing pollution for all time, and going into the menu to make this change back and forth all the time would sort of "breaks my immersion" if you want to call it that.

3. Separate keypress for showing pollution. Possibly more confusing, but you could make it a press and hold type of button to show pollution, and make the borders of the pollution more obvious, because sometimes its hard to tell where the pollution ends in certain biomes until that little tick of pollution circles the edge of my pollution ring. I only purpose this idea because seeing pollution on the map, and wanting to have detailed info overlayed on top of my factorio are just such very different needs. Sometimes we want one, and not the other.

Turtle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Turtle »

I don't know if I'd use this often, but I can see where it would be nice to have. Like if you want to get a screenshot of your base in map view or something. The easiest way to implement this, I would think, is to put in a "Show Pollution" checkbox at the bottom left or right that is displayed when you go into map view.

Thyrann
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Thyrann »

I definitely second this idea. I would really appreciate to see what my factories are doing while not having one BIG RED rectangle instead of map (corner one or "M" key one, doesnt matter).

I think the idea of "Alt" being the circular toggle (normal, detail, detail with pollution, pollution) is the easiest way. Perhaps two separate keys for toggling detail and pollution will be better IMO.

And now, back to steamrolling the biters. :-D

Cheers

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”