Mine Giant Rock / Mining Boulders

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Mine Giant Rock / Mining Boulders

Post by Ranakastrasz »

I think the giant stone rocks ought to be minable, as in, use a pickaxe on it rather than a gun. And then on breaking drop around a stack of stones. Or drop them gradually. Generally I don't think you should have to use a weapon to kill it.

As a side note, if I knew how to make a mod that would let you use a melee tool as a weapon, or set it to be minable/collectable, that would work just as well.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Mine Giant Rock

Post by Rahjital »

Yeah, I agree. It's very unintuitive not to be able to mine them, when I was a beginner I thought they couldn't be destroyed and built my factories away from them. Making them mineable is as easy as adding one line to the prototype definition, there's no real reason for not changing this.

By the way, iron and steel axes can already be used as melee weapons on biters. They are just completely useless.

pyrolytic_tungsten
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Mine Giant Rock

Post by pyrolytic_tungsten »

Mining these seem to be a better idea than shooting them.

NeoForce
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Boulders is a form of stone

Post by NeoForce »

One thing I was thinking is that boulders is a form of stone so why not create a stone deposit after the boulders are destroyed?

The Lone Wolfling
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Boulders is a form of stone

Post by The Lone Wolfling »

NeoForce wrote:One thing I was thinking is that boulders is a form of stone so why not create a stone deposit after the boulders are destroyed?
Now here's a thought... We have explosives, yes? Well... What about being able to destroy stones to create a stone deposit using explosives?

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”