0.15 Infinite Researches: Perhaps Add Inf Lab Research Speed

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Suigen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

0.15 Infinite Researches: Perhaps Add Inf Lab Research Speed

Post by Suigen »

So after reading that 0.15 will be adding certain infinite researches (only 3, because there are others that would become too powerful, or too detrimental to UPS, if they were allowed to be infinite),
I figured that one research that hasn't been mentioned is Lab Research Speed.

I think that adding this to the list of infinite researches would be greatly beneficial, since the infinite researches would theoretically have cumulatively longer and longer research times.
So, I suggest making an infinite research for Lab Research Speed to aid in this, so that people can swap between upgrading it and the other infinites to keep research times relatively tame.
(it also seems, from my point of view, to be a good candidate for infinite research, since it wouldn't be detrimental to UPS or blatantly OP like, say, infinite inserter stack bonuses or robot carry sizes would be)
I don't mean for it to increase research speed linearly, but perhaps with an inverse exponential (or exponential decay) function on the increase in lab research speed per rank researched.

greep
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: 0.15 Infinite Researches: Perhaps Add Inf Lab Research Speed

Post by greep »

Suigen wrote:So after reading that 0.15 will be adding certain infinite researches (only 3, because there are others that would become too powerful, or too detrimental to UPS, if they were allowed to be infinite),
Where's the source on it only being three?

Edit: Actually, from FF introducing it:

"This change was easier than I expected and the plan is to have infinite research for most of the upgrade technologies in the game, which is now very simple to add to the game."

May as well lock this xD

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 0.15 Infinite Researches: Perhaps Add Inf Lab Research Speed

Post by ssilk »

I think we can mark this as implemented, even if I'm not 100% sure.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”