Copy assembler into requester

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Plop and run
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Copy assembler into requester

Post by Plop and run »

Copy an assembler input into requester chest. Requester chest would add to request 10 (20? triple the input?) of each item the machine needs.
Black blood of the factory

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Copy assembler into requester

Post by ssilk »

Good idea. Amount depends on distance and some other stuff, but as default ok. I mean also it should not overwrite existing requests, but add them into empty slots.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

That is good idea, I'm for it,

Madara Uchiha
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Madara Uchiha »

Nice! I'd like to add a copy/paste into a smart inserter as well, if connected to a network, add a rule for the item with a <50(??) set?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I know what you mean. I made me the pain to replace all normal inserters with smart ones to be able to use storage chests.

Took over 2 hours (about 100 assemblies, so also 100 smart inserters). :? The problem to automate that is to know the number of items, above the production should stop.

But I know a simple and clever automatism: if nothing else said it should be the current number of requests for that item from requester chests multiplied by 2.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

BinaryMan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by BinaryMan »

So, I basically have this layout below. The requester chest feeds both sides and each factory has its own provider chest. The reason is that I can buffer the stuff for both factories in one chest, but I had issues combining 2 different products when trying to limit the chest slots (one could squeeze out the other). I do think it would be useful for the requester chest to have a button that it would look at all inserters coming out of it, any factory attached to those and make sure the chest has those in its logistics list. It would make factory setup a bit faster, you could tell it to "buffer X times input" or something. Then I wonder if we can also tell provider to "buffer X times output" to limit the output since the logistics is supposed to be 'more advanced' than using wires on smart inserter/chest ?
Attachments
assembly.png
assembly.png (738.43 KiB) Viewed 13163 times

AlexPhoenix
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AlexPhoenix »

Plop and run wrote:Copy an assembler input into requester chest. Requester chest would add to request 10 (20? triple the input?) of each item the machine needs.
i'm for it, i think it can work via copy/paste entity setting mechanism, determining by target.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”