Toolbelt tooltip update

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Toolbelt tooltip update

Post by Ghoulish »

I would like the tooltip for items on the toolbelt to reflect the total number of items in your inventory, and not just the current stack size.
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Toolbelt tooltip update

Post by Koub »

In fact, il should show both like :
(183)

if you have 33 in toolbelt and 150 in backpack.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

^ That's even better.
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

I would also be really nice if the toolbelt would auto-refill from the back pack, for incomplete stacks and/or reserved slots

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

vanatteveldt wrote:I would also be really nice if the toolbelt would auto-refill from the back pack, for incomplete stacks and/or reserved slots
That is already the case... What do you mean exactly?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

It doesn't refill in real time. If you hace 3 stacks of belts in your bag and 1 single belt remaining in your toolbelt, it won't automatically fill the "1 belt" stack until it's empty.
However I don't agree with this suggestion : I use the size of the toolbelt stack to measure things. I'd surely like to know permanently how many of a single item I'm carrying in total, but not automatically fill my toolbelt stack to full in real time (the way Ctrl-Click could do).

I already hate the way, when I have a stack of something, the Ctrl-Right-click lets you put half a stack in whatever device you want, but fills real time your half stack with a full stack if you have one in your bag.

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

ssilk wrote:
vanatteveldt wrote:I would also be really nice if the toolbelt would auto-refill from the back pack, for incomplete stacks and/or reserved slots
I setup my toolbelt to contain the stuff I need with reserved* slots (e.g. 1=belts, 2=splitters, 3=underground belts, etc.). When I am busy building them, if the stock is depleted on the belt but I still have stock in the backpack, as far as I know I need to open the backpack and control+click there to refill the toolbelt. Control+click on the empty toolbelt slot unloads everything to the toolbelt.

I would like a way to refill the toolbelt slots from my backpack without having to open the backpack, or at least a way to refill all toolbelt slots without having to click on each item individually.

(or am I simply stupid and is there an easy way to do this?)

I understand that some people might not like an auto-refill (because if you have 50 boilers and want to place 14, it is useful to have a countdown), but I don't see the problem in automatically replenishing empty stacks in reserved slots. If you're placing items (e.g. belts) and you run out, you automatically get a new stack in your hand, but your toolbelt is still empty, so the next time you need to place belts you still need to open the backpack.

While we're at the topic, I would also like to change the behaviour if you have something in hand (e.g. underground pipes) and you click on a reserved slot, it tells you that that slot is reserved, so you can't place the underground pipes there, so you need to press Q and then select the pipes. I think default behaviour if you click on a reserved slot with another item in hand should be to first get rid of the held item, and then select the reserved item. It is quite frequent that you need to switch between reserved slot items (e.g. belts/splitters/underground, or pipes/underground, or capsules/bots), and the need for an extra keypress and especially the annoying warning messages strikes me as extra pain at no extra gain.

*) I mean the middle-clicked blue slots reserved for a certain item type

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

vanatteveldt wrote:
ssilk wrote:
I setup my toolbelt to contain the stuff I need with reserved* slots (e.g. 1=belts, 2=splitters, 3=underground belts, etc.). When I am busy building them, if the stock is depleted on the belt but I still have stock in the backpack, as far as I know I need to open the backpack and control+click there to refill the toolbelt. Control+click on the empty toolbelt slot unloads everything to the toolbelt.

I would like a way to refill the toolbelt slots from my backpack without having to open the backpack, or at least a way to refill all toolbelt slots without having to click on each item individually.

(or am I simply stupid and is there an easy way to do this?)

I understand that some people might not like an auto-refill (because if you have 50 boilers and want to place 14, it is useful to have a countdown), but I don't see the problem in automatically replenishing empty stacks in reserved slots. If you're placing items (e.g. belts) and you run out, you automatically get a new stack in your hand, but your toolbelt is still empty, so the next time you need to place belts you still need to open the backpack.

While we're at the topic, I would also like to change the behaviour if you have something in hand (e.g. underground pipes) and you click on a reserved slot, it tells you that that slot is reserved, so you can't place the underground pipes there, so you need to press Q and then select the pipes. I think default behaviour if you click on a reserved slot with another item in hand should be to first get rid of the held item, and then select the reserved item. It is quite frequent that you need to switch between reserved slot items (e.g. belts/splitters/underground, or pipes/underground, or capsules/bots), and the need for an extra keypress and especially the annoying warning messages strikes me as extra pain at no extra gain.

*) I mean the middle-clicked blue slots reserved for a certain item type

The tool belt refilling would be a neat feature for me too. Why be able to stick items to the bar if it wont refill for you? You've lost the inherent use of doing so in the first place.

So lads, aplha 13 feature maybe? :)

Factorio2016
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factorio2016 »

Ghoulish

what's the problem?
ItemCount_0.0.2
viewtopic.php?p=119288
English is not my native language. Translator.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Factorio2016 wrote:Ghoulish

what's the problem?
ItemCount_0.0.2
viewtopic.php?p=119288
Honestly, I don't get how this feature didn't make it into vanilla yet

Factorio2016
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Factorio2016 »

Yes this should be added to the regular game!
also
autofill, easybelt
English is not my native language. Translator.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”