Hide Logistics UI Until Unlocked

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

AnZaNaMa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Hide Logistics UI Until Unlocked

Post by AnZaNaMa »

TL;DR
The Logistics section of the inventory/crafting menu should be hidden from view until the player unlocks logistics robots

What ?
The middle section of the character screen has functionality for controlling logistics robot supply to the player's inventory. I suggest this section of the menu should not be shown until the player researches the 'Logistics Robots' technology.
Why ?
Having the logistics area of the character screen visible from the beginning of the game is unnecessary and could be a source of confusion for new players. This is especially true when it comes to the trash slots, as shift-click functionality moves items into here, and it took me a while to figure out why items weren't being deleted when I first started playing.

As far as I'm aware, there is no use for this section of the menu until logistics robots are unlocked anyway, and I think having it appear when the technology is researched would feel more organic and rewarding. This would work exceptionally well in tandem with the built-in tips feature to have one appear when the technology is researched explaining what that section of the menu does and how it works.

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Hide Logistics UI Until Unlocked

Post by Bilka »

It already works this way.

You may be using a mod that makes it show earlier, such as even distribution.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”