specific logic chest transfer

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

cardminatorful
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

specific logic chest transfer

Post by cardminatorful »

wondering why there isnt specific logic chest to logic chest transfer.like u have a netural chest contains alot iron plates and the easiest way is to put requester chest next to your iron supply stop and have it plates delivered back at the beginning to put it back into the system.yet if u have provider chest (mainly to supply u) then it goes in a endless non stop loop.why isnt there a option to say the (train) requester chest only requests items in the netural chests and no other chests.like avoiding non stop loop.sry be more suited for like belts when start to recycle yellows to red and red to blue.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: specific logic chest transfer

Post by ssilk »

I’m not sure what you suggest here. Because as I understand it, it is already possible to use e.g. a storage chest or supply chest for that.

Be more specific. Show us an example. And I recommend reading https://wiki.factorio.com/Logistic_netw ... _of_robots
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

cardminatorful
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by cardminatorful »

ok i have a provider chest that receives yellow belts(needed for labs etc) from the assembler and requester chest next to it requesting unwanted yellow belts.but if set a requested amount on the requester chest the bots will always grab yellow belt from the provider chest to requester chest on a non stop loop.what im proposing that there be a option on the requester/any chest tab to only the belts from what chest u allow/priority,so u can recycle the unwanted belts first then the assembler ones after that.then apply to other things like unwanted plates instead sitting there for ages to get used up they be quickly be put back on the bus.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

You can use a buffer chest. Requester chests have an option at the bottom to request from buffer chests, which you leave off for the chest that returns iron plates to the factory.

In my mall I use a storage chest with the filter set to e.g. belts. The assembler producing belts has an inserter that fills the storage chest up to 2 stacks and deconstructed belts are returned to the storage chest if nothing requests belts at the moment.

cardminatorful
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by cardminatorful »

do'h

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”