Add "placeable-off-grid" to flying-text

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Add "placeable-off-grid" to flying-text

Post by Mooncat »

Request:
Add the flag "placeable-off-grid" to the vanilla flying-text entity, so we don't need to modify it or create a new one.

During the update of Copy & Paste Modules, I managed to replicate the item insertion message flying text:
AFAIK there is no API that can create the text without mining the entity. Correct me if I'm wrong.
But with the help of the other APIs, it is not so difficult to replicate it.
The problem is when multiple item types are being inserted, the y-offset between the previous flying text and the next one is 0.5, but since flying-text is not placeable off grid, such offset will be ignored, unless we add the "placeable-off-grid" flag to it.

321freddy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Add "placeable-off-grid" to flying-text

Post by 321freddy »

I would like to add that adding "placeable-off-grid" to a flying text is bugged. Zooming in and out changes the x and y coordinates of the text relative to it's origin even if the text is not supposed to move at all. This makes multiline text very hard to do since it might look perfectly fine when fully zoomed in but is overlapping and way off it's origin when zoomed out.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Add "placeable-off-grid" to flying-text

Post by Rseding91 »

321freddy wrote:I would like to add that adding "placeable-off-grid" to a flying text is bugged. Zooming in and out changes the x and y coordinates of the text relative to it's origin even if the text is not supposed to move at all. This makes multiline text very hard to do since it might look perfectly fine when fully zoomed in but is overlapping and way off it's origin when zoomed out.
Flying text was never designed to do multi-line and as such is working correctly based off how we designed it and it's normal use.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Implemented mod requests”