Hide and disable some autoplace-controls

jkeywo
Inserter
Inserter

Hide and disable some autoplace-controls

Post by jkeywo »

I'd like to be able to hide some autoplace controls and set them to 'none' by default.

The underlying problem is this... I've added some new autoplace-controls for use on different surfaces (new worlds), but I can't stop them from spawning on nauvis.

(I assume there is no existing way to solve this problem... I can't find one myself and viewtopic.php?f=25&t=33683 has had no replies)

Danielv123
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Hide and disable some autoplace-controls

Post by Danielv123 »

Changing mapgensettings after map creating is very unlikely to happen. RSOs way of working around it is to just delete all the defaults and do it by itself. I guess you won't be able to do that.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Hide and disable some autoplace-controls

Post by aubergine18 »

It seems somewhat cumbersome to have to delete all the default autoplace settings in data.raw and then create custom logic to manually create them via Lua. Likewise, it's also cumbersome to create a new surface and then have to destroy the autoplaced resources/entities (I've only scratched the surface on how surfaces work so it may already be possible to do this another way?).

Maybe if autoplace settings could define a category (or list?) and then surfaces could define which categories (or category) they support. A bit like how we can restrict certain recipes to certain assembling machines, etc.
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

Return to “Implemented mod requests”