Expose pickup_position and insert_position for inserters as writeable via API

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Expose pickup_position and insert_position for inserters as writeable via API

Post by sparr »

Many versions ago (0.9) I made a mod that added right angle inserters and a few other custom inserter types (viewtopic.php?f=87&t=2719). I'm planning to update that mod for 0.12. It would be nice if eventually we could have mods that let the player manipulate the behavior of existing inserters, rather than just adding new types.

If the API let us write to pickup_position and insert_position for a single inserter, and the alt-view graphics could point the arrows at the new locations, this would allow my whole mod to be replaced with a mod that gives the player an "inserter adjuster" tool, which would manipulate an inserter in-place.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Expose pickup_position and insert_position for inserters as writeable via API

Post by bobingabout »

There are actually a couple of mods that include configurable inserters, however, I'm fairly sure those do that by having a unique entity for every possible combination, and have scripts that replace the entity with a different type from the list.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Expose pickup_position and insert_position for inserters as writeable via API

Post by sparr »

That is... a scary solution. Got links to any of those?

Return to “Implemented mod requests”