Support - Uranium Power

Power generation with atoms.

Moderator: Fatmice

Requia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Uranium Power

Post by Requia »

Anybody have a good idea of what to throw power into that can stress test the setup?
The Bob's mods version is not going so well by virtue of a complete inability to make 'blue' circuits just yet. trying to get the heat exchanger+steam engine version going.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Support - Uranium Power

Post by Fatmice »

What sort of stressing are you looking to do? I provided example builds that you can stress. I believe you can get as high as 45% efficient in converting heat to electricity using the heat exchangers.

This setup allows up to 88.9% conversion due to dual steam-generator use. The current code can't not yet distinguish this use case and I've left it be for 0.6.3. You won't be able to get such high conversion efficiency through this configuration in 0.7. Besides, the delineation between 72MW and 144 MW reactor is going away for just one reactor that performs based on the number of loaded assemblies.
128MW from 144MW
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

sciuttam
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sciuttam »

edit:

Disregard this message! I guess I didn't search hardly at all... I found mention of it in the Squeak Through thread and the creator already has a work through implemented.

I couldn't find any information about this, but it appears the Uranium Power mod and the Squeak Through mod are incompatible!

I'm getting a pipe offset error (which makes sense, considering Squeak Through changes the collision size of objects.)

http://i.imgur.com/myPy68l.jpg

That is the error I'm receiving.

Thought I would bring this to your attention in case it is Uranium Power that is causing the conflict! I'm eager to try out this mod, but Squeak Through is such a convenient mod that I can't imagine playing without it haha

Poots556
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Urianium Ore question

Post by Poots556 »

Merged this post and the following four posts from Modding discussion and Modding help threads to this thread.
-- daniel34

How do i obtain urianium ore im so lost ive looked all over my world and i cant find it i must have spent more resources trying to locate this ore than what ive used for building my entire base. im using the nuclear power mod

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Please don't spam posts when asking for help. It is rude.

Regarding ore, if you are playing this mod with RSO, you will have to explore far before you might find any. It is chance based so there is nothing I can do about it. The next version will have a way for you to deal with a lack of ore. Just to be sure, the ore is a bit greenish and quite easily missed, so I suggest you look carefully.

Finnsky
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Finnsky »

Hi,

Thank you so much for this wonderful mod.

I did not do much more than setting up a running Fuel Assemblie production up, but I really liked that part. However I am having a big problem getting the actual reactor to work. No matter what I do, it just does not want to produce power (I'm talking about the small reactor, all that piping and pressurized water in the big reactor scare me a little bit :D ). I built everything just like you did in the example built, but nothing is happenening. Even if I load the example built (if I load it the reactors work just fine), deconstruct and built the reactor again just like it was before I get no results. I need power so bad and I don't want to use solar panels again :D I hope you can help me or find my mistake :)

Attached is a screenshot of my not working reactor.

Big thanks in advance!

IhanaMies
Inserter
Inserter

Post by IhanaMies »

You need to pump water into the cold leg. And make sure you have around 1000 heavy water/pressurised water in the reactor

Finnsky
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Finnsky »

Thank you for your fast reply!

Do I need an extra pump to get water into the cold leg? I know that the water is supposed to go in there, thats why i connected the water outlet of the turbine with the cold leg just in the example built. But it just wont pump it :(

I don't have any pressurized water in the reactor yet. Do I have to "create" it somewhere and just pump it in? Or is it produced internally in the reactor when the operation is running?

Sorry for my stupid questions, but I just can't get it to work on my own :D

Cyber_Garret
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cyber_Garret »

Finnsky wrote:Thank you for your fast reply!

Do I need an extra pump to get water into the cold leg? I know that the water is supposed to go in there, thats why i connected the water outlet of the turbine with the cold leg just in the example built. But it just wont pump it :(

I don't have any pressurized water in the reactor yet. Do I have to "create" it somewhere and just pump it in? Or is it produced internally in the reactor when the operation is running?

Sorry for my stupid questions, but I just can't get it to work on my own :D
https://youtu.be/VRaPZRxnhV8?list=PLjTO ... nnw&t=2059
Just see this tutorial
"What is locked, can be opened,
What is hidden, can be found,
What is yours, can be mine" (c) Garret

My English is very bad, sry.

Finnsky
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Finnsky »

Thank you so much!

I can't believe I did not look for a tutorial video earlier :D

Now everything is running smoothly :)

Poots556
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Poots556 »

Fatmice wrote:Please don't spam posts when asking for help. It is rude.

Regarding ore, if you are playing this mod with RSO, you will have to explore far before you might find any. It is chance based so there is nothing I can do about it. The next version will have a way for you to deal with a lack of ore. Just to be sure, the ore is a bit greenish and quite easily missed, so I suggest you look carefully.

So what is RSO? im playing with weapon/power mods nothing for resources if thats what you mean i have explored 2 days travel in all 4 directions from my base.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

If you are playing without resource overhaul mod, then you shouldn't have such a problem. My guess is that you simply missed the ore patch. There should always be some uraninite ore near where you start. That has been my experience with all default resource settings.

traiben
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by traiben »

prompt, whether spent fuel is in the reactor ??? because consumption did not notice

Cyber_Garret
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cyber_Garret »

traiben wrote:prompt, whether spent fuel is in the reactor ??? because consumption did not notice
As i understand mod u-235 as the infinity fuel in this mod. :)
"What is locked, can be opened,
What is hidden, can be found,
What is yours, can be mine" (c) Garret

My English is very bad, sry.

traiben
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by traiben »

Cyber_Garret wrote:
traiben wrote:prompt, whether spent fuel is in the reactor ??? because consumption did not notice
As i understand mod u-235 as the infinity fuel in this mod. :)
bad, and I unknowingly did it a lot, and he was unnecessary

SLay3R
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SLay3R »

I have problems upon accession of players to a multiplayer game...
Screenshot of the Problematic segment
https://yadi.sk/i/RNH9BCD9rj6Tf
and screenshot of the error connection of the player to my server
https://yadi.sk/i/YppIBN-Arj6kW

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Hello,
SLay3R wrote:I have problems upon accession of players to a multiplayer game...
Screenshot of the Problematic segment
https://yadi.sk/i/RNH9BCD9rj6Tf
It is simply saying the entities that needed to be changed do not exist, which is fine since that migration script was for 0.6.1 when the entities that needed to be rename did exist. Since you started fresh and using 0.6.3, that migration script does not apply and is being ignored by the game, as it should. There is no error here.
SLay3R wrote: and screenshot of the error connection of the player to my server
https://yadi.sk/i/YppIBN-Arj6kW
The second screen shot is a general connection problem. How do you know my mod is the cause of this problem?

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hello,

i finished building my first reactor block and it was really fun to get there.
Only the parts of the fission reactor are really picky with there placing what can be a bit frustrating if you don't watch the tutorial video.

Is it possible to autoplace the item? You show the wrong and the right position in the console - just move it there and place it?
Could you also please higher the stack size of the fuel? It's currently 1 and messing up inventories.

My enrichment chain is a bit unstable, don't know if this is because of fluids.
In your video you build 1 -> 1-> 1-> 1-> and so on but the next enrichment step needs 10 units, the previous produce only 5 so there must be a quickly growing
cascade of chemical plants?

I guess a 72MW reactor could handle 2 30MW turbines so i build this block and it don't work, don't know if this is intended.

In the crafting menu the two marked items don't have a tooltip description. Looks they are the same rectors because i crafted both and don't see a
different. Should there be a 144MW reactor or where did i read from this?
missing description
Good job so far.
unloading
preassembly
enrichment
Reactor block a
Last edited by steinio on Mon May 16, 2016 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

the optimal ratio of the enrichment chain is 7:6:5:4:3:2:1 (or something like that)
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Thank you.

I had to rebuild the block cause the high pressure steam generator did not suffice.

Now with one reactor but two steam generators:
The no fuel icon flickers on from time to time bit no fuel is consumed... so what
Attachments
Uranium Power Block 1 v2.PNG
Uranium Power Block 1 v2.PNG (947.52 KiB) Viewed 7879 times

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Atomic Power”