Support - Uranium Power

Power generation with atoms.

Moderator: Fatmice

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Support - Uranium Power

Post by Fatmice »

XxRubyxX wrote:would my game save and mod list help you figure out my issue?
Yes, if you could send me a pm with your mods in a zip and your savegame, I will see if I can do a patch for the legacy version.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

AmbulatoryCortex
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AmbulatoryCortex »

Am I doing this right? I'm producing power, but it just feels wrong. The one on the right was the final blueprinted design. That north pressurized water tank is not connected to that normal water pipe, even though it looks it. The lone steam engine is an overflow dump.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

AmbulatoryCortex wrote:Am I doing this right? I'm producing power, but it just feels wrong. The one on the right was the final blueprinted design. That north pressurized water tank is not connected to that normal water pipe, even though it looks it. The lone steam engine is an overflow dump.
right
I'll give you an A for effort. :D It's not "right", but hey, if it is working for you, fine by me. :lol: I do suggest you check out the example builds if you want something more "right."

bjornofseek
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bjornofseek »

hey guys i to found this great mod. now i want to install it into my modpack but factorio doesnt start anymore.

it is giving the following code

error while loading entity prototype "uraninite" (resource): no such node (width)
modifications:uraniumpower

can somebody plz help me because i am really looking forward playing this mod

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Hi, which version are you trying to use? Have you tried deleting your crop-cache.dat? Which other mods are you using?

FirroSeranel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FirroSeranel »

Hi there!

Love your mod, but I'm having a bit of trouble setting up my first power plant.

I have my enrichment chain set up, and it works fine... for all of about 2 seconds at a time.

I've traced the problem to the Uranium Hexaflouride chemical plant. I can't get any type of inserter to remove the empty barrels from the chemical plant. If I stand there and remove them manually, it works great! But obviously that's not ideal.

I am using Side Inserters and Near Inserters. Could that be messing with the ability to remove empty barrels somehow?

Edit: I figured it out. I'd put too many empty barrels into the Yellowcake plant, so there was no room for an inserter to move them into it.

wormzjl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wormzjl »

Does the reactor really consumes fuel? I've got one running for at least 1h and nothing is consumed at all

Edit: Ok just saw the older posts...guess that I need to wait for the next version to use this mod

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

What's wrong with using it as is right now? Free energy is not so bad...not completely free anyway ;)

wormzjl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wormzjl »

It just feel like... cheating :3

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Then you shouldn't use solar either. :lol:

wormzjl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by wormzjl »

Actually in my current play session I haven't use any solar power at all.. was burning coal coke with some petrol-made solid fuel all the time

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

The amount of energy in the fuel assembly is quite large so even when I make it decay, you still won't be able to "burn" it completely in your play-through. You can't burn it like a burnable fuel anyway, so notwithstanding fuel decay, it's not really a cheat if you use them in their current state.

tetryon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Uranium Power

Post by tetryon »

Playing on MP with 0.6.3 uranium mod... we were getting around to putting the reactor down. Can't say for certain what happened, but I think we got an error about nil value line 355 of control.lua.

Sorry... I wish I had better/more specific info, but there wasn't a lot of time and we were trying to get back up and running.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

tetryon wrote:Playing on MP with 0.6.3 uranium mod... we were getting around to putting the reactor down. Can't say for certain what happened, but I think we got an error about nil value line 355 of control.lua.

Sorry... I wish I had better/more specific info, but there wasn't a lot of time and we were trying to get back up and running.
You put non-fuel into the reactor chest, of course you will get an error. :lol:

I never got around to patching that, so you'll have to be careful with what you put into the reactor-chest.

slothman320
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by slothman320 »

I'm having an issue where the mod won't enable by the looks of it. No ore is spawning and i don't have research options for the nuclear mod structures.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Hi,

Which version are you using? How do you know it is not enabled? As far as resources, if you used the mod on an established map, you need to explore to spawn new chunks for the resources to spawn. If you do not want to do that, then you can force regeneration with

Code: Select all

/c game.regenerate_entity("uraninite")
/c game.regenerate_entity("fluorite")

johnnyBgoode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by johnnyBgoode »

Hi fatmice! Just started using this mod and I built an outpost specifically for the uranium enrichment, using it with Bob's mods and RSO. I seem to be backing up on Uranium Hexafloride in every stage%. I've built storage tanks for them but they still fill up. I was watching the tutorial video thats posted and it doesnt seem to be the case. is it a bug in my case or is this standard?

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

johnnyBgoode wrote:Hi fatmice! Just started using this mod and I built an outpost specifically for the uranium enrichment, using it with Bob's mods and RSO. I seem to be backing up on Uranium Hexafloride in every stage%. I've built storage tanks for them but they still fill up. I was watching the tutorial video thats posted and it doesnt seem to be the case. is it a bug in my case or is this standard?
Hello,
You are suppose to loop them back to the previous stage and figure out a way to prevent backing-up in each stage. The difficulty you are encountering is not a bug. There is a solution to the problem, but unless you like spoiler, I will not give it.

johnnyBgoode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by johnnyBgoode »

Fatmice wrote:Hello,
You are suppose to loop them back to the previous stage and figure out a way to prevent backing-up in each stage. The difficulty you are encountering is not a bug. There is a solution to the problem, but unless you like spoiler, I will not give it.
Hmmm ok. They are looped back into the proper chemical plant like in your tutorial but still backed up. If the spolier is turning them into pellets, then I think I'm missing the recipe for 0.7 and 1.2 pellets. Thanks for the help though!

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

No, the solution does not involve turning 0.7 and 1.2 into pellets, nor are there pellet recipes for them.

Return to “Atomic Power”